Hacking Help!! My G6 doesn't save anything any more!

enigmak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Greetings to all of you! I am an owner of the G6 Lite, and for some time, I cannot save any game, either if it is GBA or NDS game! If I save the game, turn off the DS and turn it back on, my saves are all gone!! I have experienced this problem just recently with games like Phoenix Wright, Mario and Luigi 2, Drill Dozer, even Tetris!!! I've run the Maintenance utility to format the card and I have the latest loader and software (4.6A).
What should I do? :'( :'( :'(

kohkindachi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Is it a new G6? If so, unscrew it, adjust the batt inside slightly so that it feels like falling off (like loosening it from the solder, but not completely) and screw it back.

Mine was like you once, but when i tried to change the batt by watning to unsolder it, but i did not, by attempting to twist it off but b4 it actually comes off completely, i decided not to changed already. After that, it has been saving well, even after turing it it off for more than 24 hours, on again, there's still "Processing Data......"

If yurs is a old G6, your batt is bad than:)

enigmak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yes, it does!!! Ok, here's the deal. I will use the Tetris DS rom as an expample:

1.If I turn simply on/off the DS without soft reset, my saves are gone.
2.When I perform soft reset and restart the game without turning off the DS, the saves are all there...
3....BUT, after doing that, if I turn off my DS and turn it back on, the Tetris while it loads shows a message where it says my saves are corrupted.

Pretty messed up right here in my opinion! Should I ask for a replacement?

EDIT: My G6 is roughy 2 months old, and the Processing Data screen usually doesn't show...

kohkindachi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Tetris and and M & L partners in time wrks fine for me. In my G6 now
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all