Help My Friend With Homepass (Eon Ticket)?

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by drfsupercenter, Dec 15, 2014.

1. drfsupercenter
    OP

drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    Hey guys,

I have a friend who wants to get an Eon Ticket over StreetPass but doesn't know anyone else who has one.

I thought I'd help her set up a Nintendo Zone spoof, but the only method she is able to do is using her Android phone as a router and setting the SSID to "attwifi"

So what I did was had her give me the MAC address, then set my HomePass station to use only that MAC and not the community ones (I use a Raspberry Pi with a mac_nintendozone file).

I verified that my 3DS showed an Internet connection (after removing my router from system settings), then closed it and left it for about 10 minutes. I had her do the same - no green LED for either of us.

As far as timings - I had her do it first, then I tried from my end an hour later and had her re-try the following day. Neither of us got each others' Miis.

I also had her enable StreetPass in Swapnote because of the "last title" bug that affects these sometimes. So she currently has StreetPass Mii Plaza, Pokémon OR/AS and Swapnote, in that order - I've got those plus a bunch more.

At the very least, I would have expected that she'd get my StreetPass data, even if the initial try from her end was screwed up - since I know my HomePass equipment works and I use it to get loads of tags on a regular basis.

I told her to go to a McDonald's, and she said she didn't get any green LEDs *there* either.

Can anyone think of a reason why StreetPass relays wouldn't be working for her? She has OR/AS so I would assume she's on at least 7.2U firmware - and this person is fairly tech illiterate so she's not hacking or CFW or anything like that.

Would anyone else be willing to try passing data to her phone's MAC if I were to post it here? I've tried several times and it's not working with just the two of us, so I'm not sure what else to suggest.

2. MassExplosion213

MassExplosion213 .

Feb 15, 2015
    United States
    If you still want it, I have the eon ticket. I could add your MAC to my cycle list if you want.