Homebrew Help! My app doesn't have the icon & the title in friend list.

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,480
  • Replies 8
D

Deleted User

OP
Help.
My 3DS display the icon and the title of my app in my friend list.
But, other 3DS don't display them.
Why does this happen?

(Sorry my bad English.I'm Japanese.)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Since your homebrew is obviously not available on the eShop, the 2nd console can't download the icon from Nintendo (the friends list only shares the titleID)

So the icon needs to already be on the 2nd console (either by also installing the app on it, or by sending the icon via Mii Plaza's streetpass)

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
I see.
And I have another question.
Some apps aren't displayed in my friend list.
What's the reason?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I see.
And I have another question.
Some apps aren't displayed in my friend list.
What's the reason?
My guess would be things like the Youtube app, which even though is on the eshop doesn't show up on friend list. It has to do with regions among other things or quickly put together apps (like the 3DS Youtube one is as an example). Apps will show up on the friend list for you when you are using them, but won't show up on other people's systems and same if they are using one of those apps you won't be able to see what it is. Like stated above, for things to show up on the friend list on another system they must have an ID that matches the one in the database, but from time to time things aren't registered properly on there (another example would be the Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan game which would not show up on 3DS systems of other regions than the one the game was for).

D

Deleted User

OP
My guess would be things like the Youtube app, which even though is on the eshop doesn't show up on friend list. It has to do with regions among other things or quickly put together apps (like the 3DS Youtube one is as an example). Apps will show up on the friend list for you when you are using them, but won't show up on other people's systems and same if they are using one of those apps you won't be able to see what it is. Like stated above, for things to show up on the friend list on another system they must have an ID that matches the one in the database, but from time to time things aren't registered properly on there (another example would be the Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan game which would not show up on 3DS systems of other regions than the one the game was for).
I sometimes make my app which is region free. But it doesn't show up on friend list...

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I sometimes make my app which is region free. But it doesn't show up on friend list...
Like already stated, if you are making a homebrew, it CAN'T be on the CDN servers, so it won't show up on your friends' friend list! Homebrews aren't official apps, so they don't have a proper high and low ID that's registered on CDN, meaning other systems can't download the data needed to show it, while having a homebrew running on your system shows up for you because the data is stored locally.

D

Deleted User

OP
Like already stated, if you are making a homebrew, it CAN'T be on the CDN servers, so it won't show up on your friends' friend list! Homebrews aren't official apps, so they don't have a proper high and low ID that's registered on CDN, meaning other systems can't download the data needed to show it, while having a homebrew running on your system shows up for you because the data is stored locally.
But, some apps don't show up on "my" friend list. I don't know why.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
But, some apps don't show up on "my" friend list. I don't know why.
That's probably because the apps are missing the ExHeader or something along those lines, if it doesn't have an icon and name set properly it won't show up even for you.

D

Deleted User

OP
That's probably because the apps are missing the ExHeader or something along those lines, if it doesn't have an icon and name set properly it won't show up even for you.
I understand.
Thank you for your nice explanation.:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it