• Poll closed .

JakeBrickowski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help! I bricked my 3DS after downgrade from 11.3 to 11.2!

------------------------------------
SYSTEM INFO
3DS: o3DS
CFW: b9s
Region: Europe

HOW IT GOT BRICKED

First if all, I was downgrading since Marc's ACNL save editor didn't work.
Second, I downgraded using sysUpdater.
(NB:sysUpdater failed to download 1 cia at the end. Reason: Unknown.)
So it failed to install, but I shrugged it off, and it restarted.
The booting process takes a long time, when I realized it was bricked.
So, then I loaded up GodMode9 to restore, but at that time, I didn't have a backup, so I downloaded some CFW files.
Then, I formatted the SD, with the help of GodMode9 of course.
And, just now, I added the files, but it didn't work!

If I booted it, it makes some code error for arm11.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There was literally no reason to downgrade and equally there's no reason to stay on such an outdated OFW. If a tool doesn't work, then chances are extremely high that someone forked it to make it work and you just needed to look for it. You didn't need to format your 3DS, that wouldn't have fixed your issue and chances are that you are going to need to need to a CTRNAND transfer to fix your issue. Before that though, can you boot into recovery mode, boot holding A+R+L+Up(DPad)? If you can then update your system to 11.8. If you can't, then you need to Lazarus3DS through GM9 to fix yoru system
https://github.com/AnalogMan151/Lazarus3DS

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

JakeBrickowski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was literally no reason to downgrade and equally there's no reason to stay on such an outdated OFW. If a tool doesn't work, then chances are extremely high that someone forked it to make it work and you just needed to look for it. You didn't need to format your 3DS, that wouldn't have fixed your issue and chances are that you are going to need to need to a CTRNAND transfer to fix your issue. Before that though, can you boot into recovery mode, boot holding A+R+L+Up(DPad)? If you can then update your system to 11.8. If you can't, then you need to Lazarus3DS through GM9 to fix yoru system

No, I can't go into recovery mode, it's bricked!

P.S:I'm a newb so, I cant post links.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No, I can't go into recovery mode, it's bricked!

P.S:I'm a newb so, I cant post links.
Then you may just need to just use the Lazarus3DS script to fix it. You aren't completely bricked if you can still boot into your payloads, thus giving you an option to fix your system.

JakeBrickowski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then you may just need to just use the Lazarus3DS script to fix it. You aren't completely bricked if you can still boot into your payloads, thus giving you an option to fix your system.

Ok! Thanks!

But... How do I use it though...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Will someone please donor their 3DS files? I need them to recover them!

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ok! Thanks!

But... How do I use it though...
All requirements and instructions are listed in readme. You just need a means of booting into GM9 (which you already have,) and to find some of the files listed that aren't provided in the github (and can't be provided on the Temp)
Will someone please donor their 3DS files? I need them to recover them!
Can't do that, against temp rules. You are going to have to find them through google

Last edited by The Catboy,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help me!

Do you have backups of your games and save data? In other words, did you ever use Checkpoint or JKSM to back up your game saves? And GodMode9, for all your games backed up as *.cia?

If you don't, you'll need to retrieve and keep safe your movable.sed and [cert / import / ticket / title / tmp_i.db / tmp_t] *.db files found in [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND using GodMode9. If you were an EmuNAND user, these would instead be found in [4:] EMUNAND CTRNAND.

Grab a copy of these onto your SD card for later recovery. Read how to use GodMode9 here.

If you had Luma3DS v7.1 (or newer) using boot9strap, try a test CFW setup on a spare SD card.
  1. Reformat the card as FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size. Use guiformat if your card's bigger than 32 GB.
  2. With the card empty, do a Full Write + Verify Test using H2testw. Verify your card is free of hardware defects.
  3. If it passes, delete the *.h2w test files. Use the archive in the link below to build a quick CFW setup.
If that alone doesn't work, use CTRTransfer to fix your 3DS.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
How tho....
Everything is listed in the links provided, you just need to read through them. There's really only so much we can do, but holding your hand too much won't help you.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How tho....
I re-read your first post and saw you reformatted your SD card. All of your games and saves are now gone. * In other words, you deleted your Nintendo 3DS folder and whatever else that was on your card. They are no longer visible.

However *
Please read this carefully. If you want to recover your games and save, you absolutely cannot continue to use or write things to that SD card that had your stuff. Despite the empty appearance, there are ways to recover your setup on that card using a recovery program.

We'll worry about this later. What you should focus on is getting your o3DS back into a working state.

Please use a different SD card and not the one that had your stuff. Further using that first card will permanently destroy your missing data.

Like what was stated in my earlier post.
  1. Take a spare SD card and reformat it as FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size with the program guiformat (for Windows).
  2. After reformatting, use the H2testw (for Windows) program and complete a Full Write + Verify Test. Do not skip this step.
  3. If the card passes without any problems, delete all the *.h2w test files.
  4. Use the CFW starter kit archive found in the cheat guide here to create a test setup on your SD card.
  5. With the card inserted in the o3DS, hold (Start) button to see if you boot into GodMode9. See if your o3DS acknowledges the card by checking for a [0:] SDCARD ( ) drive.
  6. Don't forget to copy your movable.sed and *.db files found in [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND or [4:] EMUNAND CTRNAND. They are in dbs and private folders.
    • Use the Copy to gm9/out option. They will be found at that directory in your card. Put these away safely on your computer.
  7. Press (Start) to continue booting to HOME Menu. If you crash still, you'll need to refer to this guide to reflash / recover your 3DS operating system.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: nitroBW

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Something I would like to note, both @TurdPooCharger and I are basically suggesting the same thing, but through a different approach. I am suggesting a more "broad" approach in just suggesting replacing all system files that could have gone wrong (since I don't know which one error for you) and TPC is suggesting a more direct approach to just straight replacing the CTRNAND. Both will result in the same outcome, just different ways to getting to that outcome.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    putting me into a shrink is not going to help anyone but *THEM*
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Poor Leo. Everyone out to harm you.
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes see? the fault is within you
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Same here, I struggle too. Its highly suggested to maybe take a break from the site just to calm down.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and ones like yuou
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so leave me alone and stop sending me pms
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    you started
    Im pretty certain most people here, Leo, don't believe much of what you say about your situations, if anything at all.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    you sent me pm and brought me up here
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    stupid motherfucker
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea...you don't want to hear the truth
    Yeah. After you litter the forum with your sob stories. Im calling you out.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    then mind your own business
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    otherwise fuck off
    Show us some proof. Lets see police reports, court documents, video and/or audio recordings, etc. etc.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I already did show part of it, you ridiculed me instead
    Like I said, people with criminal records tend to play the victim an awful lot. Thats all the more im going to say
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    in the wanted list thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    because you are an awful liar and narcissistic hypocrite
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtck? Who's he? Never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: I think that's what you have