[Help] Mouse doesnt move when keyboard is being used

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help resolving an issue I am having on my new computer. For some reason my mouse doesn't move whenever I am using the keyboard and touchpad, this is annoying because I cant play games comfortably like this. I already updated the driver and messed around with some of the settings on my synaptic program which only resulted for my pointer to be able to move for less than a second while typing. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S: I am also having some problems with my headphones not being able to connect to my computer, if anybody could help with that too I would appreciate it.

Deleted member 386348

local death grips enthusiast
Trophies
XP
I need help resolving an issue I am having on my new computer. For some reason my mouse doesn't move whenever I am using the keyboard and touchpad, this is annoying because I cant play games comfortably like this. I already updated the driver and messed around with some of the settings on my synaptic program which only resulted for my pointer to be able to move for less than a second while typing. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S: I am also having some problems with my headphones not being able to connect to my computer, if anybody could help with that too I would appreciate it.
What kind of touchpad is it? ELAN?

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a setting thats designed to prevent the mouse from moving while you're typing for laptops. You have to disable it in the touchpad settings.

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go into your touchpad settings (should be in mouse properties, get to it via control panel) and turn palmcheck off/adjust the slider to 0.
that was one of the solutions I heard before by I don't see palm check but instead I have smart sense which looks how and were palm check was supposed to be, I turn it to off and like I have stated before it only moves for less than a second while typing.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you get a USB drive how fast does it transfer?

I ask because if it is not a setting then next step is to look at the USB hub/chips inside the laptop.

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you get a USB drive how fast does it transfer?

I ask because if it is not a setting then next step is to look at the USB hub/chips inside the laptop.
last transfer speed was around 600 kbytes (which looks surprisingly fast to me), and besides I am talking about the touchpad mouse since I don't have a traditional mouse.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try and find a decent speed one if you can -- USB2 tops out at around 35 megabytes a second, now you are not going to get that writing on a average flash chip but read should be north of 20 for most things.

Also some can be ps/2, some can be something more custom and some be another standard but many internal laptop keyboards, cameras and track pads can still be USB at their heart and use the laptop USB for it. If that is failing, flooded with another USB transfer, has reverted to an older mode in BIOS, something is trying to draw too much power, is lacking drivers or something that would otherwise cause sub par performance on the USB then you can see what you are seeing.

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to fix my headphone problem but I really need help with the main issue of my touchpad. I tried playing games with my gamecube controller mapped to keys and mouse and it works perfectly so I know it is my touchpad that is having the issue

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image