Gaming HELP - Monster hunter World Iceborne "save file failed to read"

molcos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Today my son told me that his save file did not load anymore when loading up the game.
You are met with the “save file could not be read, create a new one” message when starting the game.

I tried my hardest to get the save to load but the only way to get into the game was to create a new save file.
The problem with that is that the main character with over 600 hours played is missing from the list.
Only his 2 alternative characters are listed on the screen, the top save is gone and you can only create a new character in that slot.

I did do a backup of all the files before creating a new save in case there are a way of restoring the character.
I have searched online but the only thing I can see is to try and edit the file but I don't know how to do that.
The online backup feature was enabled but had for some reason not updated the save since 2019 ☹

I hope that there is a way to help me with this, I can upload the save to you so you can have a look through it.
I really do hope there is a way to fix this.

Any help is appreciated, the little one is really upset over the loss of his character.

Regards

PS. I'm at a point that i am willing to pay money for someone to have a go at fixing the save file.
2 alterantive characters work but the main one looks to be faulty for some reason.

Last edited by molcos,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1