Help mii w/ my wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by slayer63b, Jul 7, 2009.

Jul 7, 2009

Help mii w/ my wii by slayer63b at 8:04 AM (1,107 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. slayer63b
    OP

Newcomer slayer63b Newbie

United States
    Ok, here is the deal. I've had my wii for over a year now. Everything was hacked using the TP hack last year. I was using gamma loader .03, on firmware 3.2u, had hack mii installed, starfall,boot mii, and backed up the nand. Then started having problems playing newer games ghostbusters and wii resort(j). I already did the fix and got punch out and madworld to work. Well, I heard gamma was out dated so, I got soft mii 3.0. I put it on my sd card then tried to play wii resort w/ just neogamma and nothing installed. Messed with the settings...still would not work. So I installed preloader successfully then Installed CIOScrop installer successfully. When I reset my wii the menu fails to load some error. Homebrew channel still loaded though bootmii. Tried the game still a no go. I then got neogamma r5 installed using wad installer 1.3. Reset the system booted to the HBC and it loaded neogamma r4 instead? OK, so I figured all I could do was install my old nand backup file however, it says "dump is for a different wii?" The funny thing is I can still load backups because it will load neogamma instead of the menu and HBC. One more thing if I hold reset it loads preloader. What a mess, any ideas of what I did or even better how to fix it?

2. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    1. Boot up preloader and select to go into Homebrew Channel
    2. Run the preloader installer again from there

This will fix the "System files are corrupted" message.

3. slayer63b
    OP

United States
    When I do that it loads neoloader r4 somehow now. I know it sounds crazy. It started doing it after I installed the neogamma_r5.wad update from HBC/wad_manager_1.3. So how can I stop it from loading?

4. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    So if you hold reset to boot preloader and then choose Homebrew Channel Neogamma will come up instead? That's weird.

5. slayer63b
    OP

United States
    Yeah, I know I even went into the card and removed the app and it still loads it some way.

6. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Did you install a neogamma channel? We suspect that someone took the HBC as base for it and he didn't change the titleID. This will make that the HBC get overwritten by the Neogamma channel. Combine that with a banner brick and...

7. slayer63b
    OP

United States
    No I did not install a neogamma channel... What would I need to do next in order to fix it. I am computer savvy just not too familiar with all the new programs for wii. I have been looking around and I can use the TLP hack to ununistall the neogamma_wad that is bad. I just want to do this right.
    NEEDED:
    1.A Gamecube pad
    2.A Wii with a full Starfall install AND The Twilight Hack installed!
    3.An SDCard with This File([Only Registered Users Can See Links. Click Here To Register] 3O) In the ROOT
    4.Wiimote&Nunchuck
    5.The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess Gamedisc
    SIMPLYFIED INSTRUCTIONS
    1.Download [Only Registered Users Can See Links. Click Here To Register] and put the boot.dol in the root of your SD card
    2.Insert your Zelda Gamedisc In your Wii or make sure that it is allready inserted
    2.5( Insert your SD card in your Wii
    3.turn on your Wii while pressing the Y button on your GC pad
    4.It should say 3.2(E/U/J) for a little while in the right-bottom of your screen and then boot Zelda.
    5.Continue like if you would play zelda normally.
    6.Load the 'Twilight Hack' savefule and talk to the man or do some steps backward.
    7.You will get a whole load of text in your screen and suddenly it boots the WAD manager
    8.Press A 2 Times
    9.Search for your WAD that bricked your Wii
    10.Press Minus on your Wiimote
    11.Press A
    12.Wait untill it says press any button to continue
    13.Press any button on your Wiimote
    14.press HOME on your Wiimote

8. slayer63b
    OP

United States
    I think all I need to do is remove the Neogamma_r5.wad using TLH. Then I will need to update my wii to 3.3u to get rid of the error. I hope this will fix it. [​IMG]

9. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    So you have installed a Neogamma Channel.

10. slayer63b
    OP

United States
    Well, I downloaded softmii 3.0 and as part of the package it had NeoGamma r4 on it. I just saw it under apps on the HBC. So I decided to launch it to see if it would play wii resort(j). From what I remember instead of loading the GSOD it rebooted. I tried again and got the GSOD. I then installed the Preloader and softcorp with HBC got the error in menu.I never got to see the channels at this point becuause of the error. Still able to load HBC from BootMii so, I got NeoGamma r5rc1.wad and the three apps files replaced neoGamma r4 in the apps folded on my SD and used Wad manerger1.3 to load the NeoGammar5c1.WAD. After that BootMii goes into NeoGamma 4 not 5 when I launch Hbc? I have a backup of TLP on the way. I was thinking I would use that to remove the bad .WAD then update my menu.

Is this correct or is there a better way to do it. As of now I can load games in NeoGamma r4 and Starfall holding y.

Danke!(I used to live in Mannheim)

11. slayer63b
    OP

United States
    Shoot I just remembered I had the update disabled in BootMii. Can I still update the menu?