ROM Hack [HELP] MH4U Savedata Problem

Jason47630843

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used the SaveDataFiler to convert MH4G Save to MH4U but it seems everthing are good but i am not able to play online in the Elder Hall even I am HR76 and got G3 title, but i am able to to play in the Val Habar (Gathering Hall).
QQ图片20150318135337.jpg

QQ图片20150318135321.jpg

QQ图片20150318135603.png

Can not select the Location...QAQ(The White one is my friend's MH4U)
Also the Guild Card seems something go wrong, I only use Charge Blade & Insect Glaive
QQ图片20150318135300.png

Anyone could help me plz?

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!
Please don't. 10 minutes is an unreasonable amount of time to expect a solution to your problem.

I believe It's a known issue associated with converting a MH4G save to MH4U, but there is no known fix to my knowledge.

Where did you find the instructions to convert? This glitch should have been mentioned along with the instructions.

Jason47630843

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Please don't. 10 minutes is an unreasonable amount of time to expect a solution to your problem.

I believe It's a known issue associated with converting a MH4G save to MH4U, but there is no known fix to my knowledge.

Where did you find the instructions to convert? This glitch should have been mentioned along with the instructions.

Here are the Process that i Learned to convert the data save

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...save-from-one-region-to-another-on-gw.381849/

SilverRegret

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
https://gbatemp.net/threads/mh4u-is-it-possible-to-convert-mh4g-save-data-into-mh4u.380902/
and if u understand what it means
http://pastebin.com/CXdd1GaH

"Prepping the MH4G data for 4U"

Unfortunately, we cannot simply inject our MH4G savedata to MH4U as the localisation team decided to change things up a bit. Namely it’s just one change but it breaks your guildcard if we don’t fix it: the character limit for your guildcard description text which is now 36 chars longer and therefore takes up 72 bytes more space (due to the game using UTF16-LE encoding).

By the way, the localized version does not support Japanese characters, so make sure to fix your name or whatever else important you use Japanese chars in in this step.

If you haven’t acquired plain text savedata yet, decrypt the files (pointless to go into detail since I can’t give out the tool and it’s not released yet). MH4G/U uses an additional layer of encryption for savedata and extdata which no other 3DS game I know of (except for MH4) does.

Open user1/user2/user3 in your Hex Editor of choice and jump to offset 0x12738. Insert 72 bytes of nulldata. Jump to 0x139F8 and you should see some dummy data. Remove 72 bytes of the the nullspace before the dummy data to make up for the changes. Save your file. There we go! Your user savedata is now fixed and almost ready for 4U.

The same problem applies to the card1~card3 files from your extdata. These are the only files from extdata you need to decrypt. Since you may have lots of guild cards stored there, it might be worth wrapping up a little script (pretty easy, start at 0x148, insert 0x48 bytes, move by 0x1200, insert etc.). I did it manually since I only had a few cards anyway and had to verify the guildcard size is always identical. Don’t forget to cut out the added 0x48 bytes at the end of each guildcard block.

To wrap up this step, encrypt user1~3 and card1~3.

i hope that help u..
coz i dont understand it at all.. i too convert it successfully i can go to elder hall, but my guild card is as broken as yours..

Reactions: Zidapi

Jason47630843

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Send me your MH4G user1 file via PN, I'll fix it for you so that you can use it in MH4U without the broken guild card and select the location.

Hi Thanks for reply
the old savedata i already deleted
i wonder you can tell me the method that how to fix the problem if u can
Thanks in adv.

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
Send me your MH4G user1 file via PN, I'll fix it for you so that you can use it in MH4U without the broken guild card and select the location.

Hi, if I just want to convert my mh4u save to mh4g then back to mh4u, do I need to fix the guild card? I just want to try the item duplication in mh4g then convert back to mh4u. Will the guild card be broken either way? Thanks

Jason47630843

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, if I just want to convert my mh4u save to mh4g then back to mh4u, do I need to fix the guild card? I just want to try the item duplication in mh4g then convert back to mh4u. Will the guild card be broken either way? Thanks

Yep!!! thats wat i want to do as well!!!

but he guild card still broken...GG

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country
Probably not relevant anymore, but I had no problems at all converting the EU save to JP, and then back to EU. Elder Hall works just fine, and the guild card wasn't screwed (shows exactly as it should).
Think anything might happen in the long run?

Reactions: ServbotMan

ServbotMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Probably not relevant anymore, but I had no problems at all converting the EU save to JP, and then back to EU. Elder Hall works just fine, and the guild card wasn't screwed (shows exactly as it should).
Think anything might happen in the long run?

Could you explain us how you did it?, aren't the saves encrypted?. I read you need to hex modify the saves, but then there is the encryption problem...

toto621

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Could you explain us how you did it?, aren't the saves encrypted?. I read you need to hex modify the saves, but then there is the encryption problem...
Probably like this :
1- Export EU/US save with SDF
2- Create new save with JP version
3- Export JP save with SDF
4- Overwrite user1 file from EU/US exported save to JP exported save
5- Import back JP save with SDF

ServbotMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I thought that at first too, but what about
Unfortunately, we cannot simply inject our MH4G savedata to MH4U as the localisation team decided to change things up a bit. Namely it’s just one change but it breaks your guildcard if we don’t fix it: the character limit for your guildcard description text which is now 36 chars longer and therefore takes up 72 bytes more space (due to the game using UTF16-LE encoding).

Open user1/user2/user3 in your Hex Editor of choice and jump to offset 0x12738. Insert 72 bytes of nulldata. Jump to 0x139F8 and you should see some dummy data. Remove 72 bytes of the the nullspace before the dummy data to make up for the changes. Save your file. There we go! Your user savedata is now fixed and almost ready for 4U"

That would cause problems for sure.

ServbotMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I tried it, and at least in MH4G my guild card has the same problem as OP. I'll try to transfer it back and see if the problem persists.

EDIT: It does, I could keep all duped items. But my guild card has incorrect weapon usage values and some awards were deleted.

Asdfer_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran into this same problem as well. It changed me into g3 when I was gold crown but I retain the ability to go into crown quests and my guild card is now like OP's. Unsure how to fix this.

Appletwice

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Yeap, I converted a save data of 4U>4G>4U, and turns out that my guild card has incorrect weapon usage values as well. All other statistics like quest counts were intact though. Any updates or tips to solve this? There were a few that apparently had their guild card intact.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I used HxD to look through clean saves of 4U, 4G, and the converted 4G>4U save data, but I couldn't find any of the mentioned null and dummy data offsets.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1