Hacking [Help] MH4U Retail Cartridge Save export or import

zoselious

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Hello Guys I've a problem about dump and inject My MH4U Retail Cartridge Save Games
My Device is Old XL Running rxTools Pasta Edition 9.8 emuNAND
every times i tried export or import save game with savedatafiler
it always show me "CTR Card -- broken --"
how can i solve this problem ?

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If the game has been played on an updated console, then you need to update your synand to at least 6.X to dump the save.

Geraki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a similar problem, I want to get my MH4U save from a 3dz Rom into a retail cartridge, I only have gateway and old 3dsXL on 9.8 emuNAND, I have savedatafiler installed but I don't know how to get my save into the retail cart, my sysNAND is 4.3

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Use the patched rxTools version. But you must be aware that if you inject the save into the cart in 4.X, then the save will have the old encryption, so you won't be able to use it on 6.X+ consoles. If you want to avoid that backup your nand update you console with the game first (only if you have the browser, or you won't be able to restore your 4.X nand)

Geraki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Use the patched rxTools version. But you must be aware that if you inject the save into the cart in 4.X, then the save will have the old encryption, so you won't be able to use it on 6.X+ consoles. If you want to avoid that backup your nand update you console with the game first (only if you have the browser, or you won't be able to restore your 4.X nand)
So I back up my emuNAND or sysnand? Then I use the MH4U cart to update my sysnand, and after I'm done injecting my save, do I have to do a hard mod to downgrade or is there another way?

And how do i even install and use rxtools? Do I put the dat file in the sd card and do the ds profile exploit?

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I want to do the same thing with Smash Bros but I can't because in rx mode, savedata filer show "CTR Broken" and every time I launch the game, it reboots the 3DS to SYSNAND so I can't even play it or load it to be able to inject the save.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I want to play it on a n3dsxl with firmware 9.0.0

Do you have the browser on your 3ds? If yes follow theses steps

1. Follow the steps A1 to A7 of this tutorial to extract your rom save with sdf.
2. Backup your nand with the gateway menu.
3. Update your sysnand with the retail cartdrige.
4. Setup rxTools : http://www.rxtools.net/#!howto (replace the rxTools.dat with this one).
5. In rxMode, put your cartdrige in the slot and start SDF.
6. Go to the 3rd tab highlight your save and press L + A.
7. Boot the game to check up everything works fine.
8. Restore your 4.X nand backup with the gateway menu.

Reactions: Geraki

Geraki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do i have to update my old3DS if im going to use the MSET exploit for the new 3ds that will make the system settings application turn into 4.5?

Geraki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK Thanks for the help, i'll try it now and report back if it works.

Edit: Transferring the save into the retail cart worked, but there is a problem.

To play online i need to update the game to version 1.1, and i cant access eshop, is there anyway to update the game through a cia file?

Last edited by Geraki,

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can't use cia updates on classic modes unfortunately. If you have CN, then you can use pasta with the eshop spoof to download the update and play directly in your sysnand.

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering about this, how did the save stuff work for when 6.x+ actually came out, did everyones saves go bad? I thought after injecting the save on a 4.x console, it can be used on a 6.x console, but after not again on a 4.x console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @NinStar I like it gentle, then rough, then gentle again. Then I nap. +1