Hacking Help, messed up my N3DSXL

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for someone that has cubic ninja US and a N3DSXL.
I decided to try and install and delete a few system CIA's to re-enable spider
I basically tried replacing the camera related cia's and install the spider cia.
It resulted in my N3DSXL working fine, but with no screens.
I believe the camera needs to be re installed too.
Here's what I need:
-Install gateway 3.1.1 on your cubic ninja cart
-in the gateway menu, back up cubic ninja's save
-send it to me.

I can restore the save onto my cart on my other 3DS, and should be able to navigate without screens to restore my nand backup.
Thank you in advance, I'd much rather not hard mod, or update if i dont need to.

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for future reference I would advise in learning how to hard mod and back up everything all the time.
if you still need help tomorrow I'll help you out as I dont have time right now

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a backup from the gateway menu from a while ago, so that parts not an issue. I dont trust my soldering skills though. But yes, if no one else gets to it, any help would be much appreciated

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't extract the save using gateway's launcher because it doesn't work with sky, which I use for CN.

Attachments

• cn_eur.zip
    30.8 KB · Views: 135

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the save data, hope it works for you.

edit: removed save data, since it didn't work anyway.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have another 3ds why not just use the other 3ds to install gateway on cubic ninja?

This was my first thought, but it didn't work
I didn't think spider worked on N3ds?

My thought process was trigger the camera app (an old version since both 3DS's use it), scan a QR code, and maybe the old version would try to launch the link in spider
Here's the save data, hope it works for you.

Thank you so much, I'll try it later

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
would of been better to test out your theory in emunand

PS how do you know your 3DS is working fine but with no screens?.....is it still making the home menu sounds?

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would of been better to test out your theory in emunand

PS how do you know your 3DS is working fine but with no screens?.....is it still making the home menu sounds?

Yeah, sound works, and booting into recovery mode turns on the screens. I can't test in emunand, because I don't have a gateway.
Well, no dice with the save file. It looks like it erased it upon loading the game...
My next idea would be if someone could back up their save using NTR (this might require both a n3DS to install GW 3.1.1, and an o3ds capable of running the save plugin)
I dont know of anyone with a n3ds around here that I could borrow to install the GW3.1.1

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah, sound works, and booting into recovery mode turns on the screens. I can't test in emunand, because I don't have a gateway.
Well, no dice with the save file. It looks like it erased it upon loading the game...
My next idea would be if someone could back up their save using NTR (this might require both a n3DS to install GW 3.1.1, and an o3ds capable of running the save plugin)
I dont know of anyone with a n3ds around here that I could borrow to install the GW3.1.1
hmmmm idk does CN start, can you hear it playing, i dont see why it would of deleted the save.....it might just be that whatever you uninstalled breaks the system in a way that the exploit cannot be launched.......i guess accessing the QR section would probably attempt to trigger the camera function, which is what you where messing with when it all went wrong

PS, anyone with a US CN and a n3ds on 9.2 can dump the save using the GW menu, then send you the .sav file to be restored,

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmmm idk does CN start, can you hear it playing, i dont see why it would of deleted the save.....it might just be that whatever you uninstalled breaks the system in a way that the exploit cannot be launched.......i guess accessing the QR section would probably attempt to trigger the camera function, which is what you where messing with when it all went wrong

PS, anyone with a US CN and a n3ds on 9.2 can dump the save using the GW menu, then send you the .sav file to be restored,

I manually deleted the save because at the time it was for launching ninjhax to run FBI
I tried logg savefile, and it seemed like the game erased it upon boot (unless he gave me a non US save).
I can also not run ninjhax on the N3DSXL for the time being, because installing the spider CIA seems to break it.
Basically, If i can launch GW's menu, I can restore my NAND backup.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I have what you need. The save plug in runs on n3ds. Be clear on exactly what you want.

You want a decrypted save of CN that boots the 3.1.1 gw launcher obtained using NTR save game plug in?

I can probably post it in an hour or so when I get back home.

Reactions: GaaraPrime

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I manually deleted the save because at the time it was for launching ninjhax to run FBI
I tried logg savefile, and it seemed like the game erased it upon boot (unless he gave me a non US save).
I can also not run ninjhax on the N3DSXL for the time being, because installing the spider CIA seems to break it.
Basically, If i can launch GW's menu, I can restore my NAND backup.
It was a US save backed up from N3DS gateway menu. Sorry it didn't work for you.

edit: The decrypted save thors is getting for you might work better; I think there's some incompatibility between carts/systems if you just post an encrypted .sav (but I'm not 100% on that)

double edit: possibly, you might want to try entering the gateway menu more than once. I think the exploit doesn't work 100% of the time.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry it took so long. Was having a issue getting NTR to load. It helps to have the mSD card seated. :)

Attachments

• save_0004000000046500.rar
    8.2 KB · Views: 121
Reactions: logg

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to restore my N3DSXL with the help of my girlfriend's Ocarina of Time. Thank you to those who gave their effort!

I'm still not 100% sure why the home menu wont boot the older camera applet, but I thought that might be a way into spider through it's QR code scanning.

Reactions: logg

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I was able to restore my N3DSXL with the help of my girlfriend's Ocarina of Time. Thank you to those who gave their effort!

I'm still not 100% sure why the home menu wont boot the older camera applet, but I thought that might be a way into spider through it's QR code scanning.
i would guess the camera app is used to help with the super stable 3D....and being unable to initialize the camera the screens don't get turned on or something.......btw did you replace just the applet or just the system app....or both?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: