Help me!

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by liLkvN, May 9, 2007.

1. liLkvN
    OP

liLkvN Newbie

Newcomer
    May 9, 2007
    United States
    I just got a Nintendo DS Lite and I'm new to all this Flash Kit business...
    Soooo, I'm wondering what flash cart I should get and what memory thing.

So far I've noticed that the M3 DS Simply and Micro Sandisk 1GB are the preferred choices, but I want some professional advice!

P.S. I plan to play Pokemon Diamond/ and maybe GBA games [​IMG]

2. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    Wow, you bothered to read some threads beforehand [​IMG]
    Very few people do that.

Yes, the M3 Simply or R4 are the best choices (they are pretty much the same card). And get a SanDisk or Kingston microSD.

As for GBA, the cheapest solution would be to get the EZ V 3-in-1 expansion pack. It's around $20, and allows you to run GBA ROMs (you load them from the R4/M3 Simply), and also, in conjunction with the R4/M3, lets you run the Opera Browser.

[​IMG]

3. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Honorary R4 Fanboy

Dec 27, 2006
    Hull/Manchester, UK
    I would say R4 for a) cost reasons and b) they release updats quicker. I also disagree on M3 selling their product at a higher price, when it is the same product.

As for the memory card: Stick with Kingston (preferbly japanese made, but not required) as your best bet. Failing that, Sandisk.

As veho said, the 3-in-1 is the best complement slot-2 solution for these cards.

Also: Welcome to the forums!

p.s. you've put the topic in the wrong forum [​IMG]
    p.p.s. any questions about R4/M3s, look at the link in my signature

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice