Gaming Help me with my dsi XL

Matsumaki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So i have this dsi xl for a long time now but there's a problem, i reset the dsi for it to allow me connect to the internet and upgrade the firmware to version 1.4.5u, it worked but by the time I tried using my gei flashcard it doesn't want to open and it just show me the text in the picture,idk if it's the hardware or my gei galaxy eagles flashcard bc i search it and someone said that it's the wifi board, before i open anything or change anything i just want to confirm the problem and finding the solution. So if u guys can help me please tell me what should i do

Attachments

• IMG_20210227_091940.jpg
    IMG_20210227_091940.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 245

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Another one of the things I don't understand: Why do people update a DSi? The only reasons I can think of is redownloading purchased software from the defunct shop and/or using the transfer tool to move DSiWare to a 2|3DS. The pretty much only thing these updates do (besides minor corrections) is blocking flashcarts.
https://dsibrew.org/wiki/System_Menu

Must be the "newer = better" equation. Nowadays everything has to be updated and latest version.
===============

If only the flashcart fails (retail games working, installed titles working) this is not likely to be hardware related and can be solved by installing custom firmware. → https://dsi.cfw.guide/
The last step on the guide is optional: Installing unlaunch. For some reason unlaunch bricked some DSi (rarely happens – mostly when trying to uninstall). If you decide to install unlaunch (which will disable the whitelist check and unblock your old flashcart), please keep it installed. Uninstallation is possible with the Safe NAND Manager though I don't recommend it.

TWiLight Menu++ can replace your flashcart altogether but should also be able to launch it (even without unlaunch being installed).

Take your time reading and decide what suits you. The camera exploit (Memory Pit) and TWiLight Menu++ do no modification to the DSi and carry no risk at all.

Good luck and have fun!

Matsumaki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Why did you update the console software if everything was already working fine?!? By doing this you have only gotten to block the use of older flashcarts!!
I try to unlock the parental control in 2018 i manage to do it and it update it self by the time i connect it to the internet and i need answers not someone complaining about my dsi xl got updated. Thank you

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I try to unlock the parental control in 2018 i manage to do it and it update it self by the time i connect it to the internet and i need answers not someone complaining about my dsi xl got updated. Thank you
The answers you are looking for were given to you by those who answered after me. Install Memory Pit and Twlmenu++ in a SD inserted in the camera-slot and play from there, or otherwise install also Unlaunch to unlock your flashcart, but it is highly risky and I do not recommend it. And remember that you learn by making mistakes :rofl2::P;).

Last edited by Nikokaro,
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When answering a call for help, I always try my best to give a detailed and helpful reply. You might think an advise for not updating a DSi is off-topic and useless when you already did the update… so the “complaint” comes to late.
It is neither neither a criticism nor off-topic: Since this is a public forum. Not only you can get free help here; visitors might stumble upon threads years later coming from search engines. A description of what DSi updates do (blocking flashcarts) might save somebody else from some unnecessary trouble so what @Nikokaro said belongs here, even though they didn’t provide a solution for your situation.

You also mentioned parental control (and succeeding in removal). I will still put this here for the same reason from above (random visitors with similar questions): https://mkey.salthax.org/ This can generate a master key for all DSi, 2|3DS, Wii, Wii U and Switch (not actually useful on firmware ≥ 8.0.0)

Besides… I’ve yet to see a DSi applying an automatic update without user consent by just connecting to the internet.

TWiLight Menu++ should solve your problems. Read the guide and decide as you wish (I will not advise for or against unlaunch; personally I like having a boot time exploit on my DSi).
If you have any further questions, just ask again.

Reactions: Alexander1970

ChimpBoiBoi

Newcomer
Trophies
420 uhh no rd, nothing, nowhere, US, 00000
XP
Country
United States
I've never seen any nintendo product update without consent
unless its game updates on switch yeah, me neither

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So i have this dsi xl for a long time now but there's a problem, i reset the dsi for it to allow me connect to the internet and upgrade the firmware to version 1.4.5u, it worked but by the time I tried using my gei flashcard it doesn't want to open and it just show me the text in the picture,idk if it's the hardware or my gei galaxy eagles flashcard bc i search it and someone said that it's the wifi board, before i open anything or change anything i just want to confirm the problem and finding the solution. So if u guys can help me please tell me what should i do
https://dsi.cfw.guide/

Amez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Just as a heads up, as it may be of use to others with a locked DSI XL, you can unlock the parental control on DSi XL consoles for free, there is a site with a generator on GitHub that can be on Google, set the correct time and date, tap forgot pin, tap the enquiry number into the website generator and tap submit, it then gives you a code, tap it in and away you go. I've used it several times and it always works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans