Hacking Help me understand, please!

nolefan413

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get some clarification on how to best setup my external HDD to run a complete WiiFlow install. For some reason, I just can't grasp how this works. I have a 1.5tb HDD. Currently, it has a 500gb WBFS partition an a 1TB FAT 32 partition. What I want to do is to install all my emulators and run GC games off the 1TB partition and obviously use the WBFS partition for Wii games. My Wii games run completely fine in WiiFlow (4.2.1) with no problem. My issue is that I can't get Wii flow to run any of my emulators. I'm perfectly willing to start from scratch if needed. My goal is to have one of those amazing setups that I see on YouTube where people have 20 different emulators all running perfectly off one HDD with cover art and everything. There is clearly something I am missing on the emulator setup part of the Wii flow install. So..

1. Is it possible to do what I'm trying to do?
2. What is the best, most fool-proof way to set this up?
3. Can I also run GC games off this same hard drive?

I appreciate all your help.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Modmii will not help with setting up wiiflow and its emulator/covers setup. You need Abz wiiiflow masterpiece pack, that has everything setup and ready to run, wiiflow and all compatible emulators, you will just need to add your roms and matching named covers. There is a thread dedicated to it in this very forum. Check it out, I think u will be happy with what you will find. Also it is all setup to run your GC isos, using Nintendont.

Edit: Here's the link to that thread.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-4-the-masterpiece-pack-by-abz.336543/

Also i would consider getting rid of the WBFS partition and just having one big FAT32 partition on your hard drive. All wii homebrew works with FAT32 and WBFS has been proven to be unstable.... You can use Wii Backup Manager to backup all your games to your pc before you reformat your hard drive.

nolefan413

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Modmii will not help with setting up wiiflow and its emulator/covers setup. You need Abz wiiiflow masterpiece pack, that has everything setup and ready to run, wiiflow and all compatible emulators, you will just need to add your roms and matching named covers. There is a thread dedicated to it in this very forum. Check it out, I think u will be happy with what you will find. Also it is all setup to run your GC isos, using Nintendont.

Edit: Here's the link to that thread.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-4-the-masterpiece-pack-by-abz.336543/

Also i would consider getting rid of the WBFS partition and just having one big FAT32 partition on your hard drive. All wii homebrew works with FAT32 and WBFS has been proven to be unstable.... You can use Wii Backup Manager to backup all your games to your pc before you reformat your hard drive.

Outstanding. I guess at the time I initially set this all up the wbfs partition was necessary. Glad to here I can get rid of it. Thanks so much for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs