Hardware Help me to repair 2 Dual Shock 4 Controller

gohan123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hi,
I today got 2 semi broken ds4 from a friend. I try to fix them. my father can do the soldering if needed.

ds4 v2 right trigger doesn't register any input at all. I don't see what might be broken besides the flex band. I'm going to buy this one to try:
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB17aZ4...Leitf-higen-Film-Tastatur-f-r-PS4.jpg_q50.jpg

ds4 v1. the trigger seems very lose, maybe it's normal für v1? the left joystick is really weird, mechanically it's fine does every movement but the sensor seems off.
at first it didn't register anything pressing forward and backwards. after blowing some air into it and using it more, it got better but still moving the stick slight down left / right in stops on the way and jiggles on the place. sometimes goes all the way down. anything I can try or is it better to just replace the whole stick?

someone got any advice for me?

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you also look for corrosions from water damage on controller's circuit board. I worked on a controller that won't register R1 and R2 presses and disconnects randomly, changed the flex film several times and still the same, until I noticed some corrosions on circuit board and cleaned it with alcohol and everything's back to normal.

For the joystick issue, spray and soak potentiometers on the joystick with some contact cleaner, rotate it for a few minutes and see if the drifting is gone. If you can't fix it with contact cleaner you may need to replace the joystick.

Reactions: gohan123

gohan123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Make sure you also look for corrosions from water damage on controller's circuit board. I worked on a controller that won't register R1 and R2 presses and disconnects randomly, changed the flex film several times and still the same, until I noticed some corrosions on circuit board and cleaned it with alcohol and everything's back to normal.

For the joystick issue, spray and soak potentiometers on the joystick with some contact cleaner, rotate it for a few minutes and see if the drifting is gone. If you can't fix it with contact cleaner you may need to replace the joystick.

I tried contact cleaner on v1, it helped for short time but problem came back, I ordered new analog sticks.
on v2 I tried new flex band, no difference, didn't find any corrosions, will check again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: