Help me to choose: Galaxy SIII or iPhone 4S?

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First of all, there's an offer @ Vodafone and I don't want to wait and pay more for an iPhone 5. That first, but I am not sure which phone suits me the best. I am an experienced iOS user because of my iPod Touch 4th gen, but I want a real phone now.

So maybe you can help to decide what fits me the best:

1. Good music player(like the iPod one ;p)
  2. long value, must not loose support within the next 2 years
  3. good emulators(GBA, SNES, PSX(maybe?) and N64)

That's it for now ^^ Maybe you can help me with these points to decide what to get.

aalokishere

Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
Have you ever used android before...not that it should be a problem. (Samsung's interface is not so good though)
I don't know much about ios but as u seem like an experienced user, i'm assuming you know its available apps
Android has emulators but everything u mention(i don't know about n64 but i hear there is one for ds as well) though not entirely bug-free hardware should not be the problem with the s3

i din't get what u meant about good music player(app or hardware)?

sorry for the bad english

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
Just go for the SGS3 its actually worth the money put into it and its hardware is soooo much better than anything apple can offer with its iphone.
  1. I use PlayerPro, its a simple and pretty good music player with a good interface I suggest taking a look at it if you have an Android phone.
  2. Android phones even entry level handsets usually get support by devs and stuff on xda even when the company abandons it
  3. Android has I assume almost fully working GBA, GBC, SNES, NES, N64, PSX pretty much everything from the N64 and PSX backwards and now has a buggy NDS emulator.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SGS3 is a better value than the iPhone 4S. Apple used to be far ahead of the curve but when recent advancements in Android and other hardware changes, the SGS3 is where you want to invest your money.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The SGS3 is a better value than the iPhone 4S. Apple used to be far ahead of the curve but when recent advancements in Android and other hardware changes, the SGS3 is where you want to invest your money.
What he said. Also, if you really want an iPhone, I suggest waiting until the new one comes out (probably by the end of this year). The SGSIII is a deal more advanced than the 4S hardware wise, and the next iPhone will probably be closer to being on par with it. In other words, the iPhone 4S is last year's hardware, on par with the SGSII. The SGSIII is this year's hardware, and eclipses the 4S, and the next iPhone will be closer to the SGSIII.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if your worried about a music player then there are plenty of apps to choose from the stock android player to winamp and my personal favorite poweramp https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maxmpz.audioplayer&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5tYXhtcHouYXVkaW9wbGF5ZXIiXQ..

custom roms will mean continued support for a long time even after samsung abandon the device officially after a few year where as an ios device you are stuck on whatever os apple decides to leave it at

emulators, there are also plenty to choose from, the S3 can handle n64 and psx, even connect a ps3 controller if you want for added enjoyment

Reactions: 2 people

Vaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I totally can't think of any reasons to buy an iPhone 4S lol, I myself will wait and see the iPhone 5, but since you can't wait for that, I guess you can go with the SIII

but still, I don't like androids xD and I love my 3GS more

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats actually the once I was referring too, its does the job but leaves a lot to be desired like the apple music app

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
thats actually the once I was referring too, its does the job but leaves a lot to be desired like the apple music app
The stock android music player and the Google Music app from the playstore are two different things. The stock android music app is like a seriously watered down version of Google Music. plus, with Google Music, you can steam music from your google music account and download for offline play and stuff.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The stock android music player and the Google Music app from the playstore are two different things. The stock android music app is like a seriously watered down version of Google Music. plus, with Google Music, you can steam music from your google music account and download for offline play and stuff.
the stock player on my s3 was play music

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
SGS3 deserves your investment a whole lot more than any iphone, apple always fob off their mid range iphone as a high end phone that is worth its expensive price tag when its hardware is always dated when compared to its competition. Go Android / Samsung if you want better hardware and customization, go iphone if you want to waste money and have a status symbol.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
SGS3 deserves your investment a whole lot more than any iphone, apple always fob off their mid range iphone as a high end phone that is worth its expensive price tag when its hardware is always dated when compared to its competition. Go Android / Samsung if you want better hardware and customization, go iphone if you want to waste money and have a status symbol.
Ignoring the obvious fanboyishness, you're right about the hardware and customization of Android. That said, the iPhone is easier to use as a "pick it up, it just works" device that's n00b friendly.

(Speaking as a Fandroid myself)

Reactions: 1 person

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Ignoring the obvious fanboyishness, you're right about the hardware and customization of Android. That said, the iPhone is easier to use as a "pick it up, it just works" device that's n00b friendly.

(Speaking as a Fandroid myself)
But that still doesn't justify its extremely high price tag for the kind of phone it is. I never actually got why is it so expensive in the first place.

Newsflash!

Got a S3!

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Right what's the best GBA emu for android? I got rin or whatever which is okay for GBC.

Also how about N64 an PSX?

How can I install APK files? :O

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
But that still doesn't justify its extremely high price tag for the kind of phone it is. I never actually got why is it so expensive in the first place.
I definitely agree with you, there.

Right what's the best GBA emu for android? I got rin or whatever which is okay for GBC.

Als how about N64 an PSX?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.explusalpha.GbcEmu&feature=related_apps
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.explusalpha.GbaEmu&feature=search_result
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.emulator.fpse&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5lbXVsYXRvci5mcHNlIl0.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=trev.android.mupen64plusae&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsInRyZXYuYW5kcm9pZC5tdXBlbjY0cGx1c2FlIl0.

That should get you squared away. :) You can also try Yongzh's apps on the slideme marketplace, but they're all horribly updated. I don't think he's even working on them anymore (except maybe N64oid, and even that hasn't been updated since Spring).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: