1. fhc

OP fhc Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Sorry bad english

I just bought from Mercado Live Nintendo Switch. The normal price of a Nintendo Switch varies between R$ 2500,00 to R$ 2700,00 and just happened to see today a sale for R$ 1800,00 and that was the last unit, Then I just buy it immediately. see screenshot:

MyPicture2.jpg

Now I want to buy a real gamepad, like Nintendo Switch gamepad pro but the offcial NIntendo gamepad is R$ 450,00 while a not official is just R$ 120,00 on Mercado LIvre.

Please, suggest to me a unnoficial gamepad that really works all function 100% like NIntendo Switch controller pro, besides Amiibo reader, I have absolutely no interest in Amiibo, A Amiibo cost in Brazil same price of a game. I never want to buy a Amiibo.

I read a review of some unofficial controllers need to update firmware controller each time that nintendo switch updates. I think is dangerous to buy such kind of gamepad because someday they will stop update firmware and them the gamepad will stop works forever, I wanted a gamepad that not need update firmware, that just works with any version off nintendo switch does not matter how many times it updated.

Or you guys think that it is a mistake ? you guys think that is better to buy a official Nintendo switch controller pro intead of a unofficial one ?

Please shares with me your knowledge and gives to me advice. I fear waste money and I have few money remaining.

Also I want to buy a memory card, someone know If this card works on Nintendo Switch : If "yes" I will buy it right now:
    https://produto.mercadolivre.com.br...-400gb-100mbs-com-adaptador-sd-_JM?quantity=1

In official page of Nintendo Switch say that works microSDXC (64 GB and above) but have a limit of memory ? Nintendo Switch can read 400GB ?

This card that I want to buy is a good thing to buy ? Please shares with me your knowledge and gives to me advice.

Exist anything else that I need to buy or is it everything that I need ? I will buy Pokemon Sword and season pass !

Does the Nintendo Switch works "lying down"? If I have to use it "standing up" I will have to use it on the floor, but if it works lying down I can put it under my TV next to my PS4.

Not sure If "lying down" and "standing up" word are used correctly, in my language it is "Em pé" or "Deitado" But I guess you guys understand me, alright ?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

United States
    Better to buy an official Switch Pro Controller as it will be quality made and last a while

fhc and JustANoob;) like this.
  3. Philipp_94

Philipp_94 Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    The Nintendo switch can hold micro SD cards up to 2 Tb. Just make sure you get a quality one like SanDisk or Samsung, as knock offs or third parties are often fake or don't work at all.

The card you linked seems a bit pricey, but could be because of Brazil. 400gb SanDisk are about 50$ on Amazon in my country.

I never heard of any required update for a controller. I use a SNES like pro controller and didn't update once. I think you should go fine with a third party one. There are even good pro controller fakes on AliExpress and Amazon which will look exactly like the official Nintendo pro controller. They come in colors: splatton 2 edition, Xenoblade edit., Smash Bros. .edit and normal black. iirc they don't have amiibo support, which shouldn't be a problem for you and will cost about 20-40$ depending where you order (AliExpress or Amazon) (I can provide Link's if wanted).

But you have to know, that most (if not all) non official pro controllers can not wake up your console from Standby. Once the console is running you can easily sync the controller.

I think you will have no problem when you lay down the switch to play. With time you could somewhat damage the usb-c port as it got all the weight pulling downwards by your switch. You could just buy an extension cord, plug it in your dock and then you should be able to use the switch like intended.

I hope I answered most of your questions, feel free to ask more.

fhc likes this.
  4. fhc

OP fhc Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Please can you direct suggest the name a good quality non official pro controllers for me to buy ?

Brazil have a 60% tax from products bought outside Brazil. Also have a 7% tax of conversion dollars to Real (brazilian currency) , then I prefer to buy thing from the Site Mercado Livre that are totally free of tax.

Here is a list of Brazilian site Controllers ordered by price, most cheap first and more expensive last, please choose a good controller for me to buy, a Pro controller original NIntendo is R$ 430,00
    https://lista.mercadolivre.com.br/nintendo-switch-controle-wireless_OrderId_PRICE_BestSellers_YES

I read the review that this one is good, but, need to update firmware everytime that Switch update :
    https://produto.mercadolivre.com.br...e-sem-fio-nintendo-switch-elite-wireless-_JM?

Then I fear to buy it. Maybe in one year not have more updates for it and then it will stop work on switch...

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  5. Philipp_94

Philipp_94 Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    The layout of your advised controller just looks so wrong. Sticks over the buttons on both sides? Would be hard for me to get used to it.
    But if I understoodt description correct, the switch must be at least on fw 4.0.0 to work. So future updates of the switch fw should be no problem for you.

https://tinyurl.com/ve46rfd

That's the one I would go for and I even ordered that one for me from Amazon. It is more expensive, but it should be worth the money.

I think there was smth mentioned like 30 days return period? So you could order the cheaper one, test how it feels, how good it plays with it. If you're not satisfied you can return and still buy the pricier one.

fhc likes this.
  6. Stealphie

Stealphie GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Hey friend, i bought my Unofficial Pro Controller here: https://produto.mercadolivre.com.br...ara-nintendo-switch-sem-fio-tema-splatoon-_JM
    It works great, and is pretty confortable, but it doesn't support NFC and it has regular rumble (not hd rumble).
    It's 209 Reais instead of 120 Reais, but i am sending the link because i assume that the controler for 120 Reais that you found is not a replica, and instead a crappy controller. You know the type of controller i'm talking about. "The stereotype 3rd party controller".

fhc likes this.
  7. fhc

OP fhc Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Thank you very much !!! I will buy this controller then !!!

Philipp_94 and Stealphie like this.
  8. fhc

OP fhc Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Do you guys think that a memory card is really necessary for who intents to buy only physical games ?
    I bought Pokemon game physical copy and the controller and now the money ended. Does the updates of the system and the updates the game will "eat" all 32 GB of the console ? I guess the unique downloaded thing that I want to buy by download are the pokemon DLC in the future and the Pokemon Bank Pokemon Home, but both things are not even released yet...

9. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

United States
    Yes a lot games require downloading so yes get a mSD card

10. fhc

OP fhc Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Ok I will try to buy it now.

11. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Having the sticks above the buttons is actually kind of nice. It let me easily move the camera while running around or attacking in Zelda BotW when I played it on Wii U, with my pointer finger on the right stick. Doing the same on the Switch is much more difficult. I can move the right stick down without moving my thumb but if I want to move it in any other direction, I have to move my thumb.
    None of the 3rd party Pro Controllers have 100% the same functionality as the official one. They are all missing HD Rumble (some have normal rumble instead, some have no rumble) and NFC. Most are also missing motion controls, which is important for a few of the top games, like Zelda BotW (required for some of the shrine puzzles) and Splatoon 2 (used for aiming, you can play without motion controls, but it makes the game much harder)
    But the best 3rd party alternative to the Pro Controller has to be the 8BitDo SN30 Pro+ (or the SN30 Pro which is pretty much the same but without comfortable grips), it has normal rumble, and motion controls, still no NFC but if you don't buy Amiibos that isn't gonna matter.
    That is almost as expensive as an official Pro Controller though. There are many 3rd party cheap versions/clones, but the sticks may be of bad quality (low accuracy/low sensitivity/high deadzone), and almost certainly won't last very long. If the stick wears out after a few months or a year and become unusable (or a few days/weeks of high stakes Smash Bros) it's not really worth it, even if it's 10% of the price, when a real Pro Controller will last almost forever.

12. fhc

OP fhc Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Ok. I finished the buying, I decided to buy the original controller see screenshot:
    FireShot Capture 014.png

Total money: R$ 2.916,85

I sold my PS4 just now to help by R$ 850,00 without any games, since all my games are digital

Then the total Nintendo Switch investment was the value of R$ 2.066,00 with the R$ 850,00 of PS4.

I beg to God to bless it and makes all sellers send to me all products right without any trouble or defect, and everything works perfect fine and it arrive at my home.

I am more concerned about the Nintendo Switch, the normal price today is R$ 2500,00 and I buy it for R$ 1800,00, I hope the console is 100% ok.

Please If you also Believe in God pray for my success to everything go right.

But I am happy, very happy I not feel myself so happy in several years.

I hope Pokemon Sword and Shield makes me entertained for 12 months. When my debt be finished I will begin to buy one game every 2 months.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  13. fhc

OP fhc Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Is worth buy this cheap Cable internet converter ?
    https://produto.mercadolivre.com.br...cabo-para-nintendo-switch-usb-30-internet-_JM

In Mercado Livre have some VERY expensive cable conversor, some cost R$ 200,00

My online connection playing Pokemon Sword using WiFI is VERY bad, disconnect every hour, or is indeed bad Nintendo Online services ?

Is worth buy this cheap Cable internet converter from the link ? It will really improve my playtime online ? Using WIFI is VERY bad, I am very unhappy. But I fear this cheap conversor not helps... Someone know about it ?

14. Stealphie

Stealphie GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    If your wifi is bad this cable won't make it good suddenly. But if only the Switch has subpar wifi on your home, you could try this cable. It looks to be pretty cheap;y made tho.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - compatible, acessories, Nintendo