Help me please

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by da_punisher, Apr 18, 2008.

1. da_punisher
    OP

da_punisher Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2008
    Sweden
    Hi,

I have an NTSC-J wii. I updated the wiikey chip to 1.9g so i can play super mario galaxy US. I followed all the steps that are required to fix the iso so that the game becomes playable. These are the step i followed:

1) I opened it in Truca signer and extracted the main.dol in partition 2 (i.e Partition (RMGE01))
    2) I dragged the iso into WGLP and chose option 1 (EN)
    3) I patched the main.dol in Generic wii Patcher to remove error 001
    4) Replaced the main.dol file with the edited one
    5) Patched the iso with WBB

After this i burnt the iso, it read the disc and everthing was fine but when i start the run the game the screen goes black and stays like that.

Did I miss something? Please someone help me.

2. kedest

kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    try setting the wii to english

3. da_punisher
    OP

da_punisher Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2008
    Sweden
    how do i do that?

4. kedest

kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    Somewhere in the options menu, don't know where exactly
    But perhaps J wii's can't be set to english ?

5. da_punisher
    OP

da_punisher Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2008
    Sweden
    Nope they can't i tried doing it but there is no way. I asked help from Nintendo and they said that its made for Japan only and thats why I cannot change it to English. But this is a dumb rule they should make all the future consoles region free when it comes to games and also multi language no matter where it comes from. Anyway is there anyway i can make SMG work, i asked on other forums and they said maybe its a bad burn but i tried burning it at different speed nothing worked, the the DVD-R I am using always worked before without any problem.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice