Hacking help me please??

labtech200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The internet tends to be 100% incmpetant sometimes..i love GBAtemp though so im here to ask if anybody can help me with my newly destroyed wii. What happened was my wii was running perfectly on 3.2U, tons of homebrew, and i was protected by bootmii as ios and bootmii as boot2. i also have a NAND dump. i tried to install a custom menu theme and the wii told me to reboot and when i did..BAM! nothing. So then i did a few hours of research and discovered savemiifrii, and guess what? it worked
yaywii.gif
and i loaded up brawl and smashstacker and loaded the wad manager. i was able to re-install wads and the system menu etc.. and rebooted and i did this several times, each time i restarted, i still didnt even get a warning message. then i made a really shitty mistake and used the wii menu 4.0U wad in smashstack, and rebooted. Now i cant even access savemiifrii or smashbros or smashstack meaning no wad manager. What do i do? Mod chips is out of the question. F.Y.I if u hadnt guessed already bootmii is completely dead.

labtech200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have no idea..my wii is just a disaster at the moment..and wow that was a fast reply O_Obut i think what happened was that the theme i was downloading modified the boot sequence so that it removed the health and safety to play a welcome video clip and bootmii was as the boot2 and it went wrong in the installation and crushed by boot 2 wich so happens to be bootmii causing what we know as the low level brick..would a savemii dongle help at all??? i need this NAND and board because its an old unit..perfect for hacking..and most of all i want call of duty back
ohnoes.png

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
take out your sd card and turn on teh wii. if the drive slot blinks 2x really fast then you still have bootmii@ boot2 and you can fix this rather easily ( with common sense ).

that health warning & press a to continue have nothing to do with bootmii or boot2.

labtech200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well thats completely gay o_0 its not blinking but i was able to access the bootmii menu before?? woowww this sucks :I (no offence to all who are gay...) and sorry..i thought the boot sequence may have been tied into that screen. also, im tired, lol.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have no bootmii, then the only thing you can do now is use an Infectus to flash a NAND backup back on your NAND. When you installed that 4.00 wad you didn't install IOS60 v6174, so you bricked.

labtech200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is there any way for me to format the NAND? or, again , will i be needing a savemii dongle wich is suppost to by-pass the boot 1 and boot 2 checking or some shiz like that. I read and found that the wii runs a series of system diagnostics before actually loading and savemii is suppost to get you past this and load directly to the disc. also, if the NAND is on the drives circuit board, could i simply buy a new board (NTSC-U ofc)

labtech200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i TRIED but it kept saying error -1037 or something so i skipped to the 4.0 (stupid move..i know =_=) is there any way i can recover using any software or savemii? the infectus and infectus 2 chips are rediculously hard to sauder onto the NAND and they are like 70$ a peice on their poorly translated only retail website and i cant find a cheaper one. again, can i not replace the circuitboard thats on the drive?

also, software (or the gamecube method if i can get it working again) or other things like that are GREATLY preffered

please note that when i did this crap tonight i was in a rushed and panicked state of thinking therefore i made some pretty frigging stupid mistakes. like that theme. if my wii ever works again im saying good bye to custom themes and hello priiloader AND a fresh bootmii and NAND standing by o__o

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe bootmii isn't dead but you just don't have the proper files on your sd card to get to it, i don't think doing anything besides updating to 4.something can kill it and you haven't done that so it should be there.

labtech200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"then i made a really shitty mistake and used the wii menu 4.0U wad in smashstack, and rebooted" i used the update wad but couldnt install IOS 60 therefore i got bricked for that too, and now svemiifrii (camecube controller d-pad trick) isnt working

also, i have the right files on my SD, its the exact same ones from when i backed up my NAND and it worked fine, all i did was copy the sd to my comp as an emergency backup. A lot of good it did me, eh?

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i looked it up 4.0 does not overwrite boot2, just check to be sure the correct bootmii files are on your sd and that it isnt trying to autoboot system menu.

labtech200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks..i dont know what happened to bootmii but i dont think its gona help anymore..further help would be greatly appreciated and im impressed by the BGAtemp community and how fast its responding to my query..anyways, again, any further input is appreciated..

labtech200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
..and by that i mean please keep sending replys..this stuff is usefull xD ive got a mental list and you guys are helping me narrow it down..so please by all means keep sending ideas, thoughts, and discoverys to me either by PM or response xD thanks..!!

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Not really a help here. But if the shit really hits the fan and you cant repair it. Deadlyfoez (ex-gbatemp member) can fix it for you. Aspecially since you got a Boot2 compatible Wii and a backup.

He is station in the US so I think its fairly cheap for you to send it to him. (and some extra for his work)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I know this isn't helping, but i would like to figure out how you lost your BootMii boot2.

1. Are you sure you had BootMii boot2? Did it show up before anything else at the time it was working? Before system menu, health screen etc. Did you have preloader/priiloader installed?
2. The only ways i know of to kill BootMii boot2 are:
- Use wifi or disc update to update to 4.2 or higher. Just installing wads leaves boot2 untouched.
- Uninstall BootMii boot2 with the hackmii installer
- Install boot2v4 with Dop-Mii or such(don't know which tool exactly allows to do that)
Are you sure you didn't do any of this?

Hmm, did you use the built-in nand format/reset option in the wii's settings menu? It shouldn't delete BootMii, but i can't say for sure it doesn't.(i'm only 90% sure it doesn't)

labtech200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BEAUTIFUL!
biggrin.gif
could you post or PM me the info i need to contact him? Much obliged, and THANK YOU
biggrin.gif
i hacked for 10 hours straight trying to fix it yesterday with no success
oh this is great
biggrin.gif

labtech200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im positive i did none of those things o.o.. how teh fuck did my wii..maybe suicide??? o_0 xD jeez isa a release model and i bricked it before and restored it and ive been hacking since twilight hack at 3.2U but now its like it bit the dust from installing a theme?!

labtech200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well if it helps i DID recently try to update bootmii as boot2 and the IOS when i got a new homebrew update and i dont use SD often so i never went back to bootmii cuz i use my USB

Posts merged

perhaps the install didnt go over well?

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
labtech200 said:
well if it helps i DID recently try to update bootmii as boot2 and the IOS when i got a new homebrew update and i dont use SD often so i never went back to bootmii cuz i use my USB

Posts merged

perhaps the install didnt go over well?Since you say it doesn't blink without an sd in machine when powering system on, NO BOOTMII as boot2 = killed wii, if you dont have correct system menu/IOS in use.

Ohhh i have to "PMSL" at your posting quote, everybody take note of this, ready?!: QUOTEThe internet tends to be 100% incmpetant sometimes..
No, you tend to be and yeah half the internet world is too or more? :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans