Help me pick a flash kit!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by moley, Apr 22, 2007.

Apr 22, 2007

Help me pick a flash kit! by moley at 6:42 PM (1,971 Views / 0 Likes) 20 replies

1. moley
    OP

Member moley GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Hey guys, I'm looking to get a ds lite and I 'also want a new flash kit. Currentl i've got a DS phat with a pass key and a supercard CF which is the most comfy to hold as I'm sure those of you with the same will know.

Creently i think the R4 and the DS extreme both look like great choices though the DS extreme seems to have a rather small amount of memory so I'm not sure, is there any near in the future chance of a ds extreme with a larger amount of memory in the works? or should I do wit the R4 or is there a beter solution not mentioned above.

Thanks for your time [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. skullstatue

Banned skullstatue Banned

United States
    R4 seems to be the best bet right now, at least for price/feature ratio, I've heard it isn't updated very often, but I still think it's the best. But you should probably ask someone who owns one lol, I've got a G6 which has very good game compatibility but I wouldn't suggest it because of its small size. Although if you want to run GBA games it's a very good choice.

3. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    R4 is the best card in my opinion. It has great compatibility, it isn't choosy about your memory card, and it has a nicely skinnable menu. The team is friendly, they have a fast website and firmware updates are frequent and come earlier than the M3 Simply. It also has built-in cheats which are funky.

- Sam

4. Foie

Member Foie That one guy

United States
    Definitely get the R4. It is the best deal out there, and IMO, it's the best slot 1 flashcart (tied with M3 Simply, but they're the same thing) It will only cost you about $45 for the R4 + a 1GB memory card, which is a very good price.

If you do want to wait, the G6 Real looks promising, but it is probably going to cost around $70 with 1GB of built in storage

5. moley
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks guys, Sounds good I'm leaning towards the r4 now, hopfully I'll get my ds lite on tuesday and my r4 shortly after [​IMG]

6. moley
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks guys, Sounds good I'm leaning towards the r4 now, hopfully I'll get my ds lite on tuesday and my r4 shortly after [​IMG]

7. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The DS-Xtreme is releasing a New Bigger Sized one soon, they knocked the prize of their 512mb one down to the low price of $100 (they took 25 off), and are selling the New 2GB model for $130 (they sold the 512mb one for $125...), dont ask me why anyone would buy one for $100 when for only $30 more you can get one with 4 times the memory, and yes the R4 is a great choice i have one its the cheapest flash cart around and one of the only ones that currently supports Action Replay codes.

I got mine from dealxtreme and it was really cheap, and dealextreme offers return shipping reimbursement if your product is defective (US residents only).

8. aj421

Member aj421 GBAtemp Regular

Puerto Rico
    What ever happened to EZV no one talks about it. I think it is a good flashcart you can get the bundle with the 3 in one for 60 bucks. Then you can buy a micro sd for 7 bucks off newegg. And you can play both nds, gba games, and unpatched web browser.

9. Propionation

Newcomer Propionation Advanced Member

United States
    R4 is a good choice if only want to play DS games. It is the best in terms of money/quality. I really wouldn’t suggest the DS-X, it is way too overpriced for only 4Gbits.

10. Jdbye

Suspended Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    If i were to buy a slot-1 cart now, i'd get an R4. They have the best features atm (maybe the G6 Real has better features, don't know very much about it [​IMG])
    Maybe when the SC DS gets a new update (if that ever happens) and it has all the promised features, it will be better than the R4 and G6 Real, but at the moment R4 is better.

11. aj421

Puerto Rico
    looks like no one has ever heard of Ez flash v

12. jtroye32

Member jtroye32 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i'd say get an R4

13. aj421

Puerto Rico
    I would say look at the reviews at gbatemp and see which one is the best for you.

14. NDSkid

Newcomer NDSkid Advanced Member

United States
    no one talks about it because the R4 is a better card that doesnt require any patching or savelists. simple drag and drop for loading games and upgrading firmware.

15. cheesyPOOF5

Member cheesyPOOF5 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This is why.

16. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Yes that's true. Good thing you didn't put a referral link inside that like some dickheads do.

17. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    Its not that great. I have EZ-V and R4, and its obvious which is the better. EZV is pathetically slow, and has a horrid interface. also the missing spring makes taking out the memory card a pain in the ass. another minor problem would be the fact that the microSD cant be loaded on the top, so i have to take out the EZ-V every time i want to update games.

absolutely nothing better about it. its okay, but pales in comparison with the R4.

18. moley
    OP

United Kingdom
    gba games arnt an issue, my supercard cf can run them so this new cart will be for DS games on the go, since my supercard cf and passkey stick out all over the place they make it arkward to take with me.

19. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    The SC-ONE is getting a update early next month. LINK

20. moley
    OP

United Kingdom
    Hey guys I saw an r4 on ebay but it says "Please Note Micro SD card is not included. Also the media player unit is now black. It is in English"

Is the r4 supposed ot be black it looks white on the pics I've seen is this the real thing or a clone?

EDIT!

Nevermind I found out why its black :0