Help me install WADS please

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by pinesal, Sep 2, 2009.

Sep 2, 2009

Help me install WADS please by pinesal at 3:33 AM (2,442 Views / 0 Likes) 22 replies

1. pinesal
    OP

Member pinesal GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I used to be able to install any wad just fine when I was on 3.2u with starfall hacks but now I followed this guide and even when ahead an virginised my Wi http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

I cannot install Wiiware wads. Homebrew wads seem to work. I've done a lot of different things to try and get it to go including formating the SD card and using a different SD card.

I want to ask for your help. I have a few questions.

Do I need to do anything to the wads to make them work?

Does the truncha for Wiiware?

do you need to install using a specific IOS?

Any other ideas?

2. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    its trucha.

and you didnt apply the trucha bug restorer application correctly which is why you cannot install wads/
    go back and redo them, carefully.
    check what IOS needs to be loaded at what time.
    if you did the dop-ios part of the guide you can move them to the sd card as well

3. pinesal
    OP

United States
    Hey man thanks. I notice you consistently are helping me and others solve problems. I'm trying again. So what does that last part mean about moving them to the SD card?

4. xzxero

United States
    4.0 and up allow you to move ww/vc games to your sd card to save more memory.
    use dop-ios to patch IOS60 for that benefit, unless you already did.

5. pinesal
    OP

United States
    Yeah, I did. You can't use the PC to put them on the memory card for the Wii to use can you?

6. xzxero

United States
    what do you mean?
    all you do is install the wad, then move the channel to your sd card via the settings.

7. pinesal
    OP

United States
    Yeah, except I can't install WADs.

I don't think it's a problem with Trucha becasue the WAD appears to be installing. It gets stuck at "Installing Content #03" or some other number. I even let one go all night long and it didn't budge.

What the heck is going on?

8. pinesal
    OP

United States
    I still need help. I even installed the dreaded Cioscorp. And I still can't install VC or Wiiware. It gets stack at Installing Content ###

9. xzxero

United States
    get a different wad from a different source.

10. pinesal
    OP

United States

Jeez. Turns out this was the problem. What happened is I got a pack of like 50 or so wads and NONE of them worked so I thought something was wrong with my Wii, so I got just one wad from another source like you said, and it installed without a hitch.

Sorry for wasting so much time.

11. pinesal
    OP

United States
    Update.

OK, I was able to install two wads in a row but any wad since those, wads still get stuck during installation, not matter where the wad came from.

12. pinesal
    OP

United States
    I don't know what I can do. I just want to trouble shoot this. I've been able to install two Wiiware roms and any homebrew rom but the other wads I've tried to install all fail. They even fail with triforce nand emulation.

Could it be that EVERY wad I've tried are bad wads? I've getting them from as many different sources as I can. I must have tried 10 or 15 different titles and only two would install.

What can I do to help determine the problem?

13. pinesal
    OP

United States
    Maybe this is not a good forum for trouble shooting. Can someone give me a link to a forum that might be able to help?

14. icefireicefire

Member icefireicefire GBATemp Fails.

United States
    a) You won't get help with piracy (which this is).
    b) Buy the games, if you care about playing them.
    c) Your WAD sources fail. Really bad.

15. xzxero

United States
    really really bad @ that.

16. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    This probably IS one of the best places for troubleshooting.

It's likely that your wad sources do suck really bad or you are using something old like wad installer or something to try to install them.

Or you didn't properly install a cIOS and are trying to use a wad manager that can only run off IOS249 or something.

Your system is already a mess considering you randomly decided to install cioscrap, but anyways...

You should have cIOS rev14 properly installed and then use Wad Manager 1.4 (or 1.5) using IOS249 to install things if you aren't already.

17. pinesal
    OP

United States
    I'm not convinced that my wad sources are bad. I went over to my parents house and did the softmod and installed the same wads that I'm trying to with my Wii and it worked just fine on their wii.

I downgraded to 3.2u again and formatted my Wii and tried to get everything as stock as possible. The only difference between my Wii and their's is mine has a cyclowiz chip installed. That's got to be the problem... Could it be? Is it possible?

Thanks for the help.

18. nabster92

United States
    Unlikely, and downgrading your Wii will do nothing, but put it in a more dangerous position to brick. I would suggest making sure you have a proper cIOS installed to IOS249 first by reinstalling cIOS rev14 using some 2 digit IOS like IOS36 or something since you're on 3.2 now, then, to make sure you get rid of cioscrap, use dop-IOSv7 to go through all of your IOS's and install the most recent version of any that are not fully up to date and patch the sig hash check in IOS36 and IOS60, and ES_Identify in IOS36 as well. Then update back to 4.1 properly with Waninkoko's 4.1 updater, then try using Wad Manager 1.4 using IOS249 to install them.

19. pinesal
    OP

United States
    Well today I got the HDD USB loader going. It's great.

I tried your suggestion of removing cioscorp and reinstalling cios rev14. And no difference. I even tried old wad installers like wad manager 1.3 and wad installer 2.1 They all get stuck at the same place. Not every wad gets stuck in the same place but each wad gets stuck in the same spot when I install. One might get stuck installing content #03. one might be 02 or 04. What gives. Why does it get stuck?

And keep in mind I am able to consistently install two of the Wiiware titles for some reason.

20. nabster92

United States
    Space? How many free blocks do you have left on your Wii?