Help me get wii working again

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by damingraham, May 3, 2012.

May 3, 2012
  1. damingraham
    OP

Member damingraham GBAtemp Regular

United States
    if in the wrong area please let me know and ill copy and paste all of this into the right area.

before all of the following everything was working fine with all loaders and installed game wads

hadn't updated anything in a year or longer cause of bad bluetooth module i finally got around to replacing
    (case not fully screwed back in as ive lost screws lol)

now i get it all done put the new battery in and mem card back in and start it up and the only that that loads/works is emulation channels, now any wiiware or other wads installed, nor anything from any loader *games do show up in them
    just black screens then the error message to eject/reset or something

so i went through with ModMii and updated everything needed now it says im all up to date.
    Still get the black screen

So here is my syscheck

^^date is wrong lol. if there is anything else that would help someone figure out whats the issue le me know. thanks

O and these following wads gave me issues and would not install with mmm so i had to use the wad manager1.5 i still had installed but they finally got installed

• cios202[60]-v5.1r.wad
        cios222[38]-v4.wad
        cios223[37-38]-v4.wad
        cios224[57]-v5.1r
        cios249[56]-d2x-v8-final
        cios250[57]-d2x-v8-final

ios11v16174(ios60v6174[fs-es-np-vp-dip])

ios20v16174(ios60v6174[fs-es-np-vp-dip])

ios30v16174(ios60v6174[fs-es-np-vp-dip])

ios40v16174(ios60v6174[fs-es-np-vp-dip])

ios50v16174(ios60v6174[fs-es-np-vp-dip])

ios52v16174(ios60v6174[fs-es-np-vp-dip])

ios60v16174(ios60v6174[fs-es-np-vp-dip])

ios70v16174(ios60v6174[fs-es-np-vp-dip])

ios80v16174(ios60v6174[fs-es-np-vp-dip])

And this is what i got when i tried to load games via usb loader or gx newist one

• usb loader 70

ios (240)
        ios reload: blocked

2. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    Possibly you are using an older usb setup with a wbfs drive and it is corrupt. Do a test with a clean install of a loader on fat32 and a fresh iso dumped to wbfs on a fat32 drive. Perhaps all your backups have gone bad, or perhaps just your loader, be sure to do a fresh install, so format the fat32 first.

3. damingraham
    OP

United States
    would try that but it seems like the sensor or w/e it is for the disc drive to notice and start inserting the disc is not working. also how would that solution matter when it comes to the wiiware and other games i have?

4. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    If your disc drive is broken nothing much works. Can you play retails wii disc games?

5. Shano56

Member Shano56 noobie

United States
    one of my wiis disc drives failed. onlything to do is use a friends wii to dump games or torrent. however the chances of all your backups failing seem slim. a more reasonable explanation is you're doing something wrong

i would use wbfs2fat to convert your drive http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~t_schmid/wbfs2fat/wbfs2fat-0.8.3.tar.bz2

i personally use wbfs on one of my drives...however it is hard to debug in situations like yours

6. obcd

Member obcd GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Belgium
    Maybe something went wrong during the reassembly of the wii, and it's now thinking there is a disc in the drive, even when it isn't the case?

I mean, it worked before the BT module got broken. You replaced the BT, and things don't work anymore. So, logically, it's related to that new install.

7. Shano56

Member Shano56 noobie

United States
    oh yeah. perhaps you bumped the drive or put a screw on too tight or got dust on the laser

8. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    I once had put the DVD Drive flex cable wrong leading to weird behavior of the DVD Drive (ie: in system menu the motor was spinning but laser didn't move and remained quiet), and after 10-15 seconds the system menu'd just go black screen saying "Disk reading error, please refer to your instruction booklet, etc). The DVD Drive flex cable wasn't fitted correctly in the motherboard bracket.

Try removing the DVD Drive (and of course double-checking all cards/cables fitting correctly!), and run your Wii. If you have the same behavior, then it's your DVD Drive.

9. damingraham
    OP

United States
    ill take it apart and fool around more but WHY would my installed channel games and wiiware type of stuff not work either? ONLY my emulators work

10. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

Because nearly all official titles try to initialize the drive regardless of it being used for loading.

11. damingraham
    OP

United States
    *update. seems as my disc drive was not connected so now all seems to be working aside from the only game disc i have out of storage is either too scratched up to be read or something with the laser.
    so wiiware, n64, emu and loaders all work fine i just have to clean up the memory card and format it really.

12. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands