Gaming Help me get into Animal Crossing New Leaf?

GameWinner

Take your heart
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been on and off with this game for the past three weeks.
For the life of me I cannot get into this game.
Is there anything I should be doing to past time in New Leaf or something?
I want to justify my $30 purchase. :(

UltraMew

GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
Try going on /r/AnimalCrossing.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its just one of those games you either love or hate
if you dont like it now, we probably wont change that

Reactions: Foxi4

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't it just a game where you take time out of your real life and spend time collecting items and such in the game to trade/buy other items to decorate your house in the game? Sure you interact with others online, but why not just do the same thing in real life? Am I missing something?

Yoshinecra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't it just a game where you take time out of your real life and spend time collecting items and such in the game to trade/buy other items to decorate your house in the game? Sure you interact with others online, but why not just do the same thing in real life? Am I missing something?

Well, there's that issue with money and sociable, active neighbors.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Animal Crossing is a great game for people who don't have enough troubles and work in real life - for all others, Harvest Moon: A New Beginning is the superior choice. I could never get into Animal Crossing myself and I don't think I ever will - it's just... dull.

UltraMew

GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
Animal Crossing is a great game for people who don't have enough troubles and work in real life - for all others, Harvest Moon: A New Beginning is the superior choice. I could never get into Animal Crossing myself and I don't think I ever will - it's just... dull.
I hate your opinions.

Just about all of them.

I can send you a post-bank legendary Pokémon if you want. Just tell me your friend code.

earlynovfan

Delusional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It definitely helps when you have a favorite citizen. Mine was O'Hare but he moved to my friends town so sometimes we hang out just so I can see him. :3

Also, from what I have heard online, it was made to be a peaceful and relaxing game. I used to play during my lunch breaks at Walmart because fuck that place.

If you are a completionist, it's definitely a game you will get some enjoyment out of.

geishroy

Suspended
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

gl if you don't like this game when you start, then you will not like this game ever. I don't understand the appeal of this game or any of the MH series.

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of what you do in AC is catching bugs and fish. So much so that most of the side quests, events, island games, and optional tools revolve around catching bugs and fish. Add specific hour and seasonal schedules and you're guaranteed you'll spend all year catching bugs and fish, if you already haven't gotten sick of the game after at most, a month. Is anyone surprised that people would be bored of the game?

Mind you theres vastly more depth and thoughtfulness in the AC games than most of the other triple A titles and RPGs, but to experience it all requires commitment that most gamers don't have. I myself always given up at about 70% or less completion as a month's worth of real time spent time traveling and I still missed tons of crap. I'm just plain sick of it. It doesn't help that seasons and days are broken up into quarters while moving in real time, but you can finish all your daily routines in 15-20 minutes, leaving the entire day left to just bug and fish. It seems like the game is designed for multiple short-bursts of gameplay throughout the day as there are vast amounts of time you'll have nothing in particular to do, but gamers like myself don't play like that, because my definition of "on the go" gaming is laying on my couch for 4+ hours with my 3DS.

I havent touched AC since a month after it's release. But that entire month of AC did justify the $30. I suggest you go on Gamefags and add about 20 friendcodes that are playing AC and insist they make you a "best" friend

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have to force yourself to like something, you dont really like it.

If you arent into Animal Crossing, you probably arent going to get into it. Its a life simulator with no objectives and its really rather boring.

GameWinner

Take your heart
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, I don't have a store near me that has A New Beginning but my GameStop has A Tale of Two Towns so how's that?

earlynovfan

Delusional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, I don't have a store near me that has A New Beginning but my GameStop has A Tale of Two Towns so how's that?

I've heard the 3DS Tale of two Towns is really buggy, get the original DS one. If you are able to order through Amazon, A New Beginning is EXCELLENT. A bit odd frame rate at first, but you'll get used to it quickly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night