Help me fix my bro's wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Servdogg, Jun 1, 2009.

Jun 1, 2009

Help me fix my bro's wii by Servdogg at 10:39 PM (935 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Servdogg
    OP

Member Servdogg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I recently got a messed up wii from my brother, and I was wondering how to reinstall the system menu. I can boot into preloader and have successfully ran IOS downgrader and AnyRegionChanger to try to do a fresh 3.2 install.

Now preloader says "Error autobooting systemmenu?
    SetUID failed!"

Is there anything else I can try to do?

Would installing a wad of the system menu do the trick?

Thanks for any help.

2. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Generally the solution to anything involving preloader/corrupted system menu involves reinstalling preloader, but that's usually only the case for 4.0. Did the brick occur when updating to 4.0 after having preloader? If so you just had to reinstall preloader and not downgrade. Knowing what caused the brick would help. For all we know it could just be a banner brick that you would just have to delete the bad wad that was installed.

3. Servdogg
    OP

United States
    No, it's not that "brick". I tried reinstalling preloader. Didn't fix the problem. I'm pretty sure the system menu is messed up because where it says systemmeun v289 on my preloader screen it says systemmenu v0 on my bro's.

4. pembo

Member pembo GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    you tried going to 4.0?

5. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    But what caused it to happen in the first place?

6. Servdogg
    OP

United States
    I think it was an accidental update that was aborted mid-update by pressing reset. My brother told me that the wii asked to update when his roommate tried to set up an internet connection. He started the update and once he realized the wii was updating he freaked out and pulled the plug. I ran Wanin's 4.0 upgrader from the HBC, and after it was completed the wii boots up again like normal. Thanks for the help guys.

7. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    Well install manually with Wad Manager the SysMenu3.2 and the IOS30 (well first the IOS and then the SysMenu), that has to work..!! [​IMG]