Help Me Find This Creepy Animation

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Kostilaks, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Kostilaks
    OP

Kostilaks Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2017
    France
    I know I have the same post in another topic. (HAUNTED MEMORIES) but since all people can share their creepy stories i decided to create another topic just for my case XD

When I was a kid my parents used to record cartoons from tv to vhs tapes. We had many vhs tapes without knowing what cartoons each tape had. Most of them had random cartoons, some full, some unfinished because we used to use the same vhs to record something new. One night me and my brother decided to watch one of those old vhs tapes. It was exciting to do since we didn't know what the tape contains. The tape started showing different cartoons mostly mickey and donald shorts etc. When the donald short finished a new cartoon started showing. Unfortunately it was a part of it cause as i said before my parents used to reuse the same tapes to record new stuff. The saved part of the cartoon was 3-5 minutes. It showed a little kid skiing in a mountain full of snow at night and a creepy creature chasing it. The animation was very unique and the atmosphere was creepy. The music was soooooooo weird and unique that I cant describe it. My mother said to my brother to change the tape cause this cartoon used to give nightmares to my brother. Afraid that it will happen to me my brother and my mother started looking for the tv controller to stop the video. but the couldn't find it. Thanks to their reaction I was given the creeps more and didn't take a second my eyes from the tv while they were looking for the controller and telling me to stop watching cause its scary. "Oh no the scary part comes" said my brother and the creepy creature was in front of the kid with the skiis, staring it. There was a pause moment between them and there was a sudden sound (as if a plate or a vase broke) and the kid gasped. Unfortunately, at that moment a new cartoon started playing. (it was recorded over the creepy part) My brother phewed and said to my mother that I was lucky I didn't see that. I asked my brother and mother what is the cartoon name and they didn't know one day they just randomly record that part thinking that it will be a good cartoon to have in our collection. I asked then what why it was not full and they told me that my brother first watched years before I was born and got so scared that had nightmares so they decided to erase it from the tape. I asked what happens next and they said that the creature gets a scary eyes and attacks the child. I remember showing the tape to my friends after school asking them if they had seen the specific cartoon but they said no and that iwas really creepy. many years later when I growed up I asked my brother if he remembers anything from it and he said pretty much the same. I don't have this tape anymore cause we got rid all of them when the dvd player replaced vhs.

TIMELINE.
    My brother first saw the cartoon between 1997-1998. He got scared so my mother decided to erase the cartoon by recording something new over it. only 2 minutes survived.
    At 1999 accidentally we saw the surviving 2 minutes of it.
    For years it has been haunting me and I remember showing to friends til 2002.
    At 2010 I remembered it and started asking people again in forums. No luck

2. Patxinco

Patxinco Riding a Shooting Star

Apr 18, 2011
    Could be "Tales from the Cryptkeeper"?

3. Ritsuki

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Mar 15, 2008
    Switzerland
    An episode of Courage, the cowardly dog maybe?

4. Kourin

Kourin Touhou Maniac

Jan 24, 2016
    Australia
    Ripple Star
    You really haven't given much info other than "it's really creepy"
    Was it Ren and Stimpy? That gets weird sometimes and might give kids nightmares.

5. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Describe the "unique" animation and art style better.
    Compare it with anything else you know.
    What is similar to it? What looks different?
    Put a lot of effort in describing that.

PS: Also origin, do you have any clue if it may have been a cartoon from America, Canada, France, Japan, etc. Do you remember from what TV channel or whatever was the recording? It was recorded in the VHS in 1997 right?

Last edited by sarkwalvein, Jul 12, 2017
  6. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Is it this?

Going off what @Patxinco said.

Patxinco likes this.
  7. Kostilaks
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2017
    France
    the animation was very atmospheric and hand-drawn. (but of course it was 90s)
    it was somehow emotionless and "quiet". the creature before becoming scary (the part that was cut) had a normal smiley face. it looked a lot like human.

8. Kostilaks
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2017
    France
    [​IMG] the creature was looking like this but of course it was much more scary.

9. Kostilaks
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2017
    France
    no one?

10. VinsCool

VinsCool Delusional

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    End of Time
    Reverse google search this image thought of Dr Wily.

bennyman123abc likes this.
  11. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    OP, the mean age of gbatempers is probably around 16-18 so I don't think this is a good place for you to find your show.
    Try this: https://www.reddit.com/r/tipofmytongue/
    They specialize in this sort of thing.

I would also recommend tl;dr-ing your story. Too much filler gets in the way of important details.

Suggestion (all the details that matter in actually finding the show):

My brother first saw the cartoon between 1997-1998.
    All but 2 minutes of the cartoon was erased.

It showed a little kid skiing in a mountain full of snow at night and a creepy creature chasing it. The animation was very unique and the atmosphere was creepy. The music was soooooooo weird and unique that I cant describe it.

"Oh no the scary part comes", said my brother and the creepy creature was in front of the kid with the skiis, staring at it. There was a paused moment between them and then there was a sudden sound (as if a plate or a vase broke) and the kid gasped.

I asked what happens next and they said that the creature gets scary eyes and attacks the child.

Last edited by zoogie, Jul 15, 2017
  12. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    Was it this thing?
    [​IMG]

13. Kostilaks
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2017
    France
    I remember the creature was flying. the music was very unique I cant find a way to describe it but I think it was like mantis theme from metal gear

lcie nimbus likes this.
  14. Kostilaks
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2017
    France
    I posted in reddit find.
    a lot of people are trying to help me. if I find this I will be really glad.

15. Haider Raza

Haider Raza Alhumdulillah

GBAtemp Patron
    Haider Raza is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 30, 2016
    Pakistan
    This?

[​IMG]

Last edited by Haider Raza, Jul 16, 2017
  16. V0ltr0n

V0ltr0n GBAtemp Fan

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Nothing really comes to mind, and I'm old af. Although, i grew up without cable.

17. Kostilaks
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2017
    France
    no guys. thanks for the helpd but the animation was very detailed and somehow "dull but atmospheric"

18. Haider Raza

Haider Raza Alhumdulillah

GBAtemp Patron
    Haider Raza is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 30, 2016
    Pakistan
    Check these (the trap door & fantastic planets).

This one is hilarious :rofl2::rofl2:

These cartoons gave me headache.

Last edited by Haider Raza, Jul 16, 2017
  19. Kostilaks
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2017
    France
    wait. i remember more i think. the kid was not skiing he was using some sort of construction like a sleigh.

20. Kostilaks
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2017
    France
    my brother remember something. he said that the creature was riding a flying unicorn!!!