Gaming Help me find a good game for a 5year old boy.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
i would recommend henry hatsworth
it is a platformer + puzzle
smile.gif

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My boy does ok with sonic rush, It can be a little hard, he also enjoys the Ben10 games. He was playing Ben10 when he was 4 and has only just started sonic now he has turned 5. Kirby Canvas is another good one which has already been mentioned. Diago safari and Dinasaur are ok and a little simpler if he is only just getting used to the DS.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elixirdream said:
i would recommend henry hatsworth
it is a platformer + puzzle
smile.gif

Why not just recommend Contra 4?
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, yeah, Kirby Ultra Super Deluxe and the new Starfy are good ones, and Shin`en did the Garfield's Nightmare game, which was a surprisingly decent platformer with a fairly remedial difficulty level. Yoshi's Island DS is another great one, with a look that should be especially appealing to younger gamers. And though not a platformer, I always like to recommend Electroplankton for kids. It's a great toy to tinker with on DS.

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
GenesisX said:
well i wouldnt see a problem about Megaman games cause i saw like a 7 year old plays it(only 2 year difference)
Megaman games are too difficult for 5-year old kid (2 years difference is big difference), just go with kirby games (all kirby). Don't promote violence games.

GenesisX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShinRyouma said:
GenesisX said:
well i wouldnt see a problem about Megaman games cause i saw like a 7 year old plays it(only 2 year difference)
Megaman games are too difficult for 5-year old kid (2 years difference is big difference), just go with kirby games (all kirby). Don't promote violence games.
well i mean if he can beat new super mario bros (A game where you play as plumbers fighting a Dinosaur Turtle that kidnaps a Princess for who knows what o_o)

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Mario is simple, megaman is action RPG games which contain a lot of text.

I suggest your 5-year old cousin to play puzzle games, such as disney meteos, tetris, etc. No violence and train to solve the puzzle.

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Law said:
He's probably talking about the platforming Megaman games, not those shitty RPGs.
Megaman ZX series contains violence and the gameplay is too difficult for 5-year old kid, and I'm sure megaman retro aren't easy either. The only cute looking megaman is megaman powerup in psp. My point is megaman games aren't suitable for 5-year old kid.

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Barnyard Blast : Swine of the night, You play as a pork with a gun in levels like castlevania without much text but i'm unsure about the difficult, It is kinda hard, I recommend showing him The Legendary Starfy it is pretty good.

quickfingers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my 4 year old cuz likes cooking mama
but i would second stafy because it has an easier plot i wouldn't recommend pokemon because when i was about 5 i played pokemon gold and i got frustrated and didn't play for like 5 years

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
ShinRyouma said:
Law said:
He's probably talking about the platforming Megaman games, not those shitty RPGs.
Megaman ZX series contains violence and the gameplay is too difficult for 5-year old kid, and I'm sure megaman retro aren't easy either. The only cute looking megaman is megaman powerup in psp. My point is megaman games aren't suitable for 5-year old kid.

Holding right and pressing A is really hard, it gets even harder when you have to press B to jump.

And don't get me started on opening the subsreen in order to switch weapons, god damn that minigame is a tough one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU