Hacking Help me decide which of these options to take on my Bricked Wii

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i'm listing them in the order i think sounds better, so from "not a bad idea" to "is there any other way".

1. HardMod it and buy a SaveMii (though i'm not sure that'll work anymore since i upgraded to 4.0 then got bricked)
2. Send it to Nintendo and pretend i bought it second hand (i'm scared that wont work once they see the "backup loader" channel or they'd charge to much)
3. Wait for BootMii to come out though i could be waiting a while (please marcan, if your reading the topic, just let me know with a "i'd wait" or "lol no", not the actual release date! PLEASE.......sorry)
4. Take it to these guys who claim they can fix the brick by swapping the motherboard or something like that
5. ??? (anything i haven't suggested please post)

please i want to make a decision but i'm stuck, especially since i dont know which will work and which wont. Keep in mind this is a FULL brick, all i get is black, not even an error or warning screen. i dont have Proloader installed cause likethe fool i am i used StartPatch4.0 thinking it was like starfall for 3.2 but its no where near as good.

what pisses me off is i didn't even really care for the update, i never play VC or even WiiWare games anymore anyways so why would i care about putting them on an SD. but i was "bored" and though why not just update. yer, why not indeed.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BootMii won't help you since you had to have made a NAND backup with it before you got bricked. I don't know if SaveMii will do anything for you either. You might try getting it fixed at Nintendo, but you could end up getting a 4.0 firmware Wii.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
my Wii is already 4.0 i upgraded to 4.0 using a guide posted here, then when i turned it off and trned it back on later it just wouldn't start up anymore. But basically Nintendo fixing it is the only option i have other than buying a new wii right?

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Call nintendo and say "I was updating my wii to 4.0 and it suddenly stop working, It turn off and when i turn it on all i got was a black screen?"
They may ask for a fee to fix or not, depending if they believe you xD

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
no i went with StartPatch cause i had StarFall on 3.2 and it wrked fine then.

Posts merged

xDlmaoxD said:
Call nintendo and say "I was updating my wii to 4.0 and it suddenly stop working, It turn off and when i turn it on all i got was a black screen?"
They may ask for a fee to fix or not, depending if they believe you xD

but if they decide to fix it and see i have all those channels installed wouldn't they just not send it back anymore or decide not to fix it at all or something? should i do that service where they change themotherboard with a old one, its $100 Australian, the only problem i have with it is they use second hand parts and that would annoy me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0