Help me choose a DS colour!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Impetus, Oct 8, 2006.

Oct 8, 2006

Help me choose a DS colour! by Impetus at 2:16 PM (2,629 Views / 0 Likes) 38 replies

1. Impetus
    OP

Newcomer Impetus Member

Australia
    So yeah! Im stuck, choosing a colour of a DS this time. So here's a rundown on my sitiation:

One of my friends has a white japanese DS lite which he preordered from Japan. He had his fun showing off his ds lite when everyone else in australia had a normal phat ds. Cost him a fair bit of money tho, but it was worth it (his opinion)

About 6 months later, news of Pokemon Diamond/Pearl came out, and so a few of my friends (say, 6?) are gonna buy a DS. We're planning to play other games as well, like 8 player mario kart [​IMG]

Now in Australia, there are only the white and black DS lites. I, on the other hand, feel the need to be unique. Unique to the Australian public. I dont know why Im making such a big deal out of it, but I am.

One of my other friends has a Enamel navy DS lite. He bought it probably a month ago.

One of my other friends is buying a Pokemon DS lite. He's rich, good for him.

Now Im not willing to spend 400+ AU dollars on a DS lite, no way. Otherwise I'd be getting a pokemon DS lite and my problem is solved. However, I am willing to spend an extra 30-50 dollars to choose the colour thats right for me.

I considered pink, but wondered if people would question my sexuality.

So now I have a choice of Enamel Navy or Ice Blue. I cant seem to decide which, I asked my brother, he cant decide either. I asked my mum (why not? [​IMG] ) and she said its up to me. [​IMG] What do I do? Flip a coin? Spend the next 5 hrs thinking about ds lite colours instead of end of year exams? Help!

Just a point, I dont mind if I end up with the same colour as my friend who has the enamel navy. Thats why Im making this rediculously long thread now.

What im asking is, which would you buy and why? All replies will be appreciated! (except for flames, but I have my fireproof jacket nearby anyway)

2. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    When I got my DS lite I got a black one and it had a dead pixel and showed every single finger print. I took it back and got a white one. I don't know how the Enamel Navy or Ice Blue are like for fingerprints but that would make up my mind which colour to get.

3. lexus-8

Member lexus-8 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I PERSONNALY THINK YOU SHOULD GET A ICE BLUE ONE ITS VERY UNIQUE AND I WISH I GOT THAT ONE [​IMG]
    HOPE THIS HELPS

4. Impetus
    OP

Newcomer Impetus Member

Australia
    Thanks for the quick yet useful reply ^^

Whoa, fingerprints! Never thought of anything like that ;D Hope others can help me decide (perhaps if you have a enamel navy/ice blue ds lite, helping me out here?) ^^

5. Orc

Member Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Hong Kong
    Ice Blue really. I want one bad. [​IMG] I wish I had an Ice Blue DS lite. [​IMG]

6. OrR

Member OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Germany
    Wanna find out? [​IMG]

7. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

8. OrR

Germany
    Well, that'll cost you... A lot...

9. Impetus
    OP

Newcomer Impetus Member

Australia
    would it? do you paint ds lites? ;3

atm im learning towards the ice blue? :wtf: Do fingerprints show easily on the navy one? Thats my main concern now ^^

10. OrR

Germany
    I guess I'd consider it if anyone wanted me to... [​IMG]

11. Orc

Member Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Hong Kong
    Nothing a slight wipe of tissue or you shirt would'nt take care of. Unless you're some walking greasepit.

You see, I have white, pink, black and navy DS lites. Fingerprints are really obvious on the black / navy while virtually unseen on the pink / white unless you try to look for them in the light. But like I said at the start of my post, won't hurt to just wipe them off.

Now what I hate on my navy is that it got a tiny scratch from my pockets. A really tiny scratch (about 1/4th of a cm). But I always see it. It just stands out. Maybe you'll be like me and not abuse your DS lite since obviously scratches can be avoidable.

But you're choosing between the navy and ice blue. If fingerprints really bother you and don't want to wipe whenever, choose the Ice Blue. Plus, I think most "lite" flashcart manufacturers aren't including the navy casing anymore and put the black ones instead while the ice blue casings are still there.

Anyway, I wish I had an Ice Blue. lol

EDIT: OrR, wanna trade your LiB DS Phat for a FF3 DS lite and a Pokemon DS lite?

12. Impetus
    OP

Newcomer Impetus Member

Australia
    Is that because you have all of the other colours and want to complete the set? or some other reason you have yet to tell me ^^

13. Orc

Member Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Hong Kong
    I just read that and I suddenly want to flame you. lol

14. Impetus
    OP

Newcomer Impetus Member

Australia
    I like your reasons. But here in Australia you will hardly be seeing Navy DS lites around I would think. Or am i wrong? =]

im off for the night now. Maybe i'll decide in my sleep :wtf:

Thanks for all the replies again.

Cheers

15. thieves like us

Member thieves like us chaos personified

United States
    I've got a white, navy enamel and ice blue ds lite and it's the ice blue that goes everywhere with me. when I show it off, it gets a lot of looks considering that it's not available anywhere outside of japan.

16. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I want one poop brown

17. OrR

Germany
    Well, let me think... Yeah, I guess I'd do that, seeing as I could just do another one... [​IMG]

18. monkeymachine

Member monkeymachine GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    dude, u probably won't care about the colour too much after a while or once all the colours are released internationally, that 'special unique colour' feeling won't last long

19. OrR

Germany
    Well, my DS still feels pretty unique. [​IMG]

20. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    [​IMG] And it will always be.