Hacking Help me choose a card!?!

BeastLeeX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I signed up because i have an old ds lite with an R4i King (I know it sucks, but got for like $3) and I am fixing to purchase a 3ds, and of course a flash card. I am kind confused on witch card to pick though, I want to play GBC games and DS games. I would like the ability to save in the middle of a game, like an instant save with X amount of slots (not needed, but would like.) Lastly I would like a simple card that doesn't require much work as far as updating. I am considering the Acekard 2i and R4 Dual-core (newer white one). I have seen problems with the R4 on youtube and other forums, so im leaning towards the Acekard, the only reason i consider the R4 is because the "Dual Core". Which card is better? Would you suggest another?

Thanks!

Rutland

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if youu want the real time save and play gba games on your 3ds, you should choose DStwo, acekard 2i can not do that, if you only want to play ds games, ak2i is a good choose, another, i would like ak2i better than Dual Core.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The white dual core doesn't have Real Time Save like you want and either does the Acekard. The RTS-Lite, the silver card from the same team that makes the white dual core is one you want to get. Cheap too...

taydor_b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made decision with the Supercard DStwo. It's not a bad price considering what it can do and comparing it to the old GBA EZ-flash flashcarts, it's a great deal. You'll also want to download Lameboy to play GB and GBC games.

BeastLeeX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still not sure what to buy, Any other cheap cards that work with the 3ds? DStwo seems to be pricey to me, I dont need the save feature like i said anyway.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
look into the r4ids.com card then. Whatever you do stay away from the acekard it's on it's way out the door. Yesterdays news. It's a sad day for AKAIO.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a great card. It's supported well and it has Real Time Save. I have one, but then again I have 10 different cards. I don't have a favorite, so I don't play favorites. For what you really care about (RTS) it's a good match.

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
BeastLeeX, you'd better keep away from clones metioned by you.
Just have a look here:
http://gbatemp.net/topic/290097-which-flash-cart-should-i-get/
Cards listed here can update the kernel and release the updating patch regularly.

samljer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys, I signed up because i have an old ds lite with an R4i King (I know it sucks, but got for like $3) and I am fixing to purchase a 3ds, and of course a flash card. I am kind confused on witch card to pick though, I want to play GBC games and DS games. I would like the ability to save in the middle of a game, like an instant save with X amount of slots (not needed, but would like.) Lastly I would like a simple card that doesn't require much work as far as updating. I am considering the Acekard 2i and R4 Dual-core (newer white one). I have seen problems with the R4 on youtube and other forums, so im leaning towards the Acekard, the only reason i consider the R4 is because the "Dual Core". Which card is better? Would you suggest another?

Thanks!

My vote goes to R4I Gold 3DS on a budget ($10), and DSTWO if you got cash ($40-50)
If you go R4I make sure it really is a GOLD card, none of the others will operate on the new 4.4

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn