Hacking Help making New Super Mario Bros Wii. work with classic controller + inject

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to the compatibility list, it works with classic controller just not gamepad. That's fine with me I just want it to work with classic controller.

No available configuration works to enable GamePad support, CC .gct code applies to real CC though when patching the main.dol (tested with TeconMoon 3.0.0). Game doesn't work on EUR region console, use EUR version instead.

But how do I get the .gct code, and how do I apply it to the ISO? I want it injected using TeconMoon's Wii VC injector so I can play it off the main Wii U menu.

thanks

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Was this thread called what's your opinion on New Super Mario Bros Wii or was it something totally different?
Well... Kinda... one of the reasons why Wii is the worse of the NSMB games is that it does have Wiimote gimmicks, said gimmicks would be either difficult to implement or outright impossible to implement on a classic controller unlike something like DKCR Shake to roll.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
According to the compatibility list, it works with classic controller just not gamepad. That's fine with me I just want it to work with classic controller.

No available configuration works to enable GamePad support, CC .gct code applies to real CC though when patching the main.dol (tested with TeconMoon 3.0.0). Game doesn't work on EUR region console, use EUR version instead.

But how do I get the .gct code, and how do I apply it to the ISO? I want it injected using TeconMoon's Wii VC injector so I can play it off the main Wii U menu.

thanks
Do you have a .cgt for NSMBW ?

Edit: I'm trying, I already have dk country returns working perfectly with classic controller patch I will now try to do the same for new super mario bros and newer super mario bros.

Last edited by pakrett,

Tur7L3

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Do you have a .cgt for NSMBW ?

Edit: I'm trying, I already have dk country returns working perfectly with classic controller patch I will now try to do the same for new super mario bros and newer super mario bros.

I am personally waiting to Newer Deluxe to come out so I just patch it with CC.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am personally waiting to Newer Deluxe to come out so I just patch it with CC.
NSMBW CC patch works fine on Wii but not on WiiU, NewerSMBW is prepatched by default with an updated CC patch and it's also working great on Wii but not on WiiU unfortunatly...

Tur7L3

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
NSMBW CC patch works fine on Wii but not on WiiU, NewerSMBW is prepatched by default with an updated CC patch and it's also working great on Wii but not on WiiU unfortunatly...

Oh that suck, I think I'll try it myself, just to make sure, have you tried forcing CC connected?

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh that suck, I think I'll try it myself, just to make sure, have you tried forcing CC connected?
Yes I've tried many things feel free to try, who know, maybe you can find something...

Edit: Remember that I've only tried to play on and with the wiiu gamepad only, I haven't tried on tv with a wii classic controller, maybe it works this way.

Last edited by pakrett,

Dcep1501

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... Kinda... one of the reasons why Wii is the worse of the NSMB games is that it does have Wiimote gimmicks, said gimmicks would be either difficult to implement or outright impossible to implement on a classic controller unlike something like DKCR Shake to roll.
Do you have any idea on how to make a Wiiware game that uses the Wiimote able to use the CC, instead? I don't care if people think said game sucks. I've seen Thomas83Lin do this with Sonic 4 Ep 1 and I PMd him but he didn't respond. I've been trying for a year with that Wiird thing but I keep failing. Some people on here are dicks for whatever reason (frustrated they've never touched a girl?), so I hope you have some knowledge on this, thanks in advance.

Reactions: sonictopfan

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you have any idea on how to make a Wiiware game that uses the Wiimote able to use the CC, instead? I don't care if people think said game sucks. I've seen Thomas83Lin do this with Sonic 4 Ep 1 and I PMd him but he didn't respond. I've been trying for a year with that Wiird thing but I keep failing. Some people on here are dicks for whatever reason (frustrated they've never touched a girl?), so I hope you have some knowledge on this, thanks in advance.
I like all sonic 2D too so I have sonic 4 ep1 working on and with the wii u gamepad but it's just the gamepad that's emulate an horizontal wii remote so no analog support. I'm using TeconMoon's Injector to achieve this, install sonic 4 ep1.wad on the vwii then create a "vWii NAND Title Launcher" with TeconMoon's Injector, into "GamePad/Meta Options" check "Horizontal Wii Remote emulation". Install the newly created forwardder on the wiiu menu and you should be able to play with the wiiu gamepad and maybe with wiiu pro controller too.

Edit: If you have some clue with wiird, I'm trying to understand how it works... My goal is to be able to swap buttons and remap shake to buttons.

I've seen Thomas83Lin do this with Sonic 4 Ep 1.

Where did you seen that ? If I have the code I'm may be able to patch the wad.

Last edited by pakrett,
Reactions: sonictopfan

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Classic controller force will not work with NSMBW at all. It has been tried and tested many times guys and no one can get a reason why it won't be possible to play on gamepad.

Teconmoons injector will allow you to try but it simply will not apply the patches and work. Totallly sucks, i know.... That game is wiimote only im afraid

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Classic controller force will not work with NSMBW at all. It has been tried and tested many times guys and no one can get a reason why it won't be possible to play on gamepad.

Teconmoons injector will allow you to try but it simply will not apply the patches and work. Totallly sucks, i know.... That game is wiimote only im afraid

Have you tested with "Horizontal Wii Remote emulation" ?

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yup. Everything... I am seriously gutted about it man! There is another thread somewhere on here about it too but its been a while!

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I apologize for getting in the middle but I just wanted to say, while you are indeed entitled to your opinion I don’t think your input was helpful at all and was just dickish tbh, besides, imo even though I don’t like motion controls a good game is still good regardless and imo NSMBW is a good game, even so the best in the series.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.