Help, M3L save problem

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by chinlgbatemp, Sep 8, 2006.

Sep 8, 2006

Help, M3L save problem by chinlgbatemp at 9:24 PM (999 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. chinlgbatemp
    OP

Newcomer chinlgbatemp Newbie

United States
    If I just power off the DS during the game and turn it back on, the save should write to the dat but it is not doing that anymore.
    If i use software reset and then i will write the save to dat.
    But there are games that software reset just won't work like MK.
    Is my Lite bad and need to return to Winsunx? or does it need re charge like the EZ 4 Lite does?

2. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    I'm running 27a firmware and I just tried to turn mario kart off and on and it did indeed write to the save. I suggest you check setup and make sure you have auto-save on.

3. chinlgbatemp
    OP

Newcomer chinlgbatemp Newbie

United States
    Yes, all setting are correct, and it did work for 1 day and now it does not work any more.
    I am thinking the battery is the problem. if so, how do i replace it and what is the voltage if anyone know

4. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    hmmm that is interesting, the battery is supposed to last 2+ years.

5. karamu

Newcomer karamu Member

Japan
    im also having a problem.. however saves are working for me just that when i restart it keeps giving me the error that it cannot find the save..
    im very annoyed about this, it is not functioning properly.

6. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    Most likely your dat file is of a different name from the rom name in NDSSAVE.

7. karamu

Newcomer karamu Member

Japan
    interesting.. i haven't changed the names of anything.. just put the rom in the manager it created the save and copied them both back. will check it out.. how should i know what it should be called?

8. kobewan

Member kobewan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The dat file should be the same name the the ROM, but the the extension as .dat instead of .nds

Also, try downgrading your firmware and trying again. That may give the settings a wipe or something, and might work.

9. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    the .dat also retains the game name inside of the file. use thulinma's save tool to fix it.

10. tisti

Member tisti GBAtemp Regular

Slovenia
    I'm thinking that is Software reset work, then it must be the battery. Read the voltage with a multimeter, if you have one:)

11. iza

Member iza gbatemp, the new crack

United States
    aw crap, i would have to wait till after my m3l was on its way before i read this post.

i might as well get a SCL just incase my m3 craps out.

screw the multimeter, stick your tounge to it, tastes like chocolate [​IMG] jk.

12. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    the only real advantage supercard lite has over the m3 lite as far as I can see is the saving implementation.....although I don't expect the m3 lite's battery to go anytime soon but I figure most games support soft reset and turning the ds off and on quickly should be safe enough for the sram to keep. It's not so bad as long as you get in the habit of doing it. But the m3 lite wins in almost every single other category, other than maybe load speed @ the beginning. That's all I can think of.