Hacking Help! M3 Real not working on my new DS lite

Fentaur

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using the M3 Real for over 6 months now without any problems. I recently (5-21-2008) bought a new red and black DS lite. When I put the M3 Real in the new DS it will not power on. If I power on the DS before I put in the M3 Real, it will turn off when I insert the card. The firmware version is 3.7 X and the card's version is CP2 and it still works fine in my wife's older DS lite. Commercial games work fine in the new DS. Do I need a newer version/different card? Do I need to try and find an older model of the DS lite? The serial number on the DS starts with UG48 and the number in the box is 7 if that means anything.

Please help

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
QUOTE said:
You have a problem of your NDS not detecting M3 Real, which means that your pins don't make contact with the Real..There is a "fix" for that, you should place thick paper on the other side of Real (opposite of the place that makes contact, so the paper should push Real to the pins therefore making the contact)..It takes a little time to play with it, but that's how I solved my problem (the same thing bothered me with my Crimson/Black and M3 Real)..
The problem is that chip under the sticker on Real is to big, and in newer Lites, it makes problem with the contact..If you have any questions, ask..

QUOTENow, try to place thick paper in the back!..
I cut out a little square in the size of the contact pins on the Real, and than fixated it on the other side with little tape..(it is best if you avoid paper going over the whole sticker/chip, try to keep it under the chip)..This should work fine for you..

Try this, it should help you, it worked for me!!

Fentaur

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appriciate the help. I tried the paper and it didn't work, but just using a piece of tape over right edge as you are looking at the connectors or the left edge if looking at the label worked for me!

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Great then..as long as it works..
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple