Homebrew Help, Luma v10.0.1 an exception error occurred.

Gafy111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I recently installed cfw in my old 3ds. While installing the home-brew it from download play it crashed and when I tried to boot the following error appeared. 'An exception occurred Arm11 core 0 data abort. I have already tried some many things to no avail, including deleting and replacing boot.firm and all essential luma files. I have tried disabling arm11 by pressing select and I have also tried the ctrtransfer using the old 3ds file, Nothing so far has worked. I can boot up gm9 with no problem. Any help is appreciated.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I recently installed cfw in my old 3ds. While installing the home-brew it from download play it crashed and when I tried to boot the following error appeared. 'An exception occurred Arm11 core 0 data abort. I have already tried some many things to no avail, including deleting and replacing boot.firm and all essential luma files. I have tried disabling arm11 by pressing select and I have also tried the ctrtransfer using the old 3ds file, Nothing so far has worked. I can boot up gm9 with no problem. Any help is appreciated.
Disabling the arm 11 error just makes it act like ofw when handling errors so it does not prevent it from happening it will still happen just not show the end user that the error happen so try using Luma3DS v9.1 and see if the error still happens

Gafy111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disabling the arm 11 error just makes it act like ofw when handling errors so it does not prevent it from happening it will still happen just not show the end user that the error happen so try using Luma3DS v9.1 and see if the error still happens

Thanks for the fast reply. I deleted 10.0.1 boot firm, replaced it with boot firm 9.1 but the error still shows up. Do I also have to replace ctr-no-timeoffset and FBI?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you don't need to replace ctr-no-timeoffset. the rtc is what godmode uses, so the times will likely be off between the rtc and the system. I don't think it's really necessary, but it takes next to no time to do, so might as well.

Gafy111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't need to replace ctr-no-timeoffset. the rtc is what godmode uses, so the times will likely be off between the rtc and the system. I don't think it's really necessary, but it takes next to no time to do, so migh

Okay thanks. Still trying to figure out all this.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the errors are related to apps that exit automatically. it seems to flush the memory of ntr, so sometimes ntr will no longer work 'til you restart the system, or it may crash.

Gafy111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 9.1 as well, but ntr still sometimes (not too often) causes the system to crash.
The problem is that I cannot access the home menu.
This is what happens when turning on normally

Attachments

• IMG_1577.jpg
    IMG_1577.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 249

Gafy111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do a ctrNAND transfer
I did. but it did not worked. I do not know if I made mistake in a step or something or if I used a wrong file. after the whole transfer I rebooted to the same problem

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

do you have a NAND backup?
I think I do. It is inside "Gm9" "out" folder.

Gafy111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
was that made before you experienced this problem?
No, I encountered this problem very early. The backup I made had already the problem.

I will try the ctrtransfer very carefully. see if it do something

After trying that CTRtransfer method I am still stuck with the same error.

Gafy111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I encountered this problem very early. The backup I made had already the problem.

I will try the ctrtransfer very carefully. see if it do something

After trying that CTRtransfer method I am still stuck with the same error.

UPDATE: Making a CtrTransfer using Decrypt 9 solved all of my problems!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: