Help! Lots of apps not working from SD card!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by WizardOfOdd, Nov 3, 2008.

Nov 3, 2008
  1. WizardOfOdd
    OP

Newcomer WizardOfOdd Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Hi, hopefully someone will be able to help me!

Since installing the Backup Launcher version 0.3 and the cIOS thing that came along with it, quite a few apps on my SD card will not run from the Homebrew Channel. (Thinking about it, I updated my Homebrew Channel on the same day so maybe that's it...??).

Anyway, the SD Explorer, Gecko Region Free thing, the Homebrew Browser app, and most importantly the WAD manager do not work. I get a 'Not a valid Wii Application' error. Plenty of apps DO still work, mainly emulators.

I've not installed any official Nintendo updates since May.

Any ideas? Thanks!

2. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    another one, PLEASE tell me DID YOU READ the message regarding the HBCBETA9 update?

GUESS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why, the F**k don't anyone read!!
    (Its like someone you don't know just turns around and says "Hey come round here with me (your going to get killed), then YOU just don't LISTEN or question and follow) lol
    Its the same principle as not READING.

Anyway, the beta 9 doesnt support old elf files only sane elfs (geeXbox is the only one )
    you have to convert all your apps which are elfs to .dol with the converters that are around, don't convert geexbox if you have it*
    OK

3. WizardOfOdd
    OP

United Kingdom
    Hey thanks for the advice! You vile, rude, ignorant little prick. Jesus.

4. WizardOfOdd
    OP

United Kingdom
    Hey thanks for the advice! You vile, rude, ignorant little prick. Jesus.

5. djtaz

Member djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Ireland
    I really cant blame him for that reply - people have asked and asked and asked and asked that question - all you had to do was click SEARCH and look a little for it.

This whole thing has been out since sept 21st and all we seem to be doing is repeating ourselves - it gets tired after a while - it takes less effort to search than it does to post , but yet all of the NEW people seem determined to post repeated questions.

He did answer your question though

6. djdynamite123

United Kingdom
    LOL, HAHAHA. Hey jesus, (no need to bad mouth yourself and others around you haha) i still gave you the correct answer and a tad bit of good ADVICE
    You should read up before agreeing to something, NOT SURPRISED there are comebacks!

And cheers for that djtaz, my thoughts exactly, soon as you see the post of the same old thing, its like ARRRRRGGHHHHH why on earth don't people read before agreeing to something, for e.g. You have a Fake windows XP installation right, and you got a message saying updating to this would disable your operating system,............ ACCEPT. lol

7. gundalf

Member gundalf GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    I can understand the most people a little bit.
    I would not use the search function... oh wait the board doesnt even have an own search engine [​IMG]

8. djdynamite123

United Kingdom
    Soon as you type in the appropriate words in the search it willl find all the posts from gbatemp as well as others! so it is similar to an own gbatemp search as well as a worldwide search which is better!

9. digitydogs

Member digitydogs 404 Error: Member Not Found

United States
    Apparently people know nothing about google either... the search function (top of page) on the forum, yes is powered by google, but it is configured to only search through this site. and considering a large number of sites do this and simply write their own "search interface" i dont see any reason why using the search function is that damn difficult, to the guy who said he wouldnt use the search, dont be surprised when you have a problem and no regular will help you.

10. djdynamite123

United Kingdom
    lol, too rights hehe

11. WizardOfOdd
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yeah point taken, and apologies for my reply. I did Google it though, I obviously didn't use the right search terms as nothing came up. I tried typing in the error message along with a few app names but couldn't find anything. I did post here as a last resort.

12. djtaz

Member djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Ireland
    The search box on here searches this site - you can see it in the address bar - try using that to search for what you wanted and see if it returns a reply [​IMG]
    Its a bit more detailed.

13. vettacossx

Member vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Ireland
    http://www.google.com/search?q=apps+not+wo...rch=gbatemp.net

yeah its sometimes tough to know what search words to use..While i see your points..( Sucks repeating over and over) People really should have a better sense of community and not ASSUME that this person did NOT look around...Most folks dont WANT to ask you for help...They find it a last resort...MOST Wii APPS do NOT come with a proper read-me file (like a NORMAL SCENE aka pspbrew,DSbrew,xbox,dreamcastbrew ect ALL COME BETTER DOCUMENTED...many wii application dont have ANY directions and the ONLY documentation that exist is scattered around on the GOOD forums like this...but ask yourself if you would be frustrated after having to sign up,,,regester...ect just to get some strait facts then the first "experience" you have with GBAtemp is that "you should know" attitude...That Only causes drama from what i have saw...if you dont feel patient enough to answer with some respect [​IMG] just ignore it bro! or PM them and tell them how you feel [​IMG] I can tell you i was rather steamed the first time i asked for help here with all the smart ass remarks ect....