Homebrew Help! Just put CFW on Wii_U, some games and now my HBL freezes

jackboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello, firstly thank you to the community for this amazing forum and wealth of info and support.

I bought a Wii U about a week ago and read up on the Wii U hacking guide.

I successfully hacked my Wii U, used the buying a DS game route and also put on CHBC.

I downloaded Wii U games from USB helper and transfered to Wii U hard drive using WUP installer

Every game worked a charm, everything was going to plan

Then sadly my SD I had been using died on me, tried for days to format it but the thing is dead.

now HBL channel won't open, it just freezes. If I try the browser exploit it still freezes. I have put on a new SD all the files to load but it keeps freezing

I have tried about 5 different SD cards and none of them want to know.

I can still play the games I have installed, but I can't get into HBL anymore to use WUP and install more games

I am pulling my hair out here and there isn't much lest! lol

please help

Thanks

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, firstly thank you to the community for this amazing forum and wealth of info and support.

I bought a Wii U about a week ago and read up on the Wii U hacking guide.

I successfully hacked my Wii U, used the buying a DS game route and also put on CHBC.

I downloaded Wii U games from USB helper and transfered to Wii U hard drive using WUP installer

Every game worked a charm, everything was going to plan

Then sadly my SD I had been using died on me, tried for days to format it but the thing is dead.

now HBL channel won't open, it just freezes. If I try the browser exploit it still freezes. I have put on a new SD all the files to load but it keeps freezing

I have tried about 5 different SD cards and none of them want to know.

I can still play the games I have installed, but I can't get into HBL anymore to use WUP and install more games

I am pulling my hair out here and there isn't much lest! lol

please help

Thanks
2 things make sure the sd cards are formatted to fat32 and i dont suggest using the browser exploit and instead just use haxchi though haxchi does require you to buy a ds vc game from the eshop and you cannot pirate this game

jackboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Thanks for the reply

I have formatted all the SD cards into Fat32 and I had the HBL installed as a channel and was just opening it from the system menu.

I used the purchase a DS game to get haxchi installed on my system. I then installed CHBC with it (it turned the icon into a red warnign sign)

Everything was working great until my SD corrupted and now no matter what way I try to get into HBL the thing freezes.

From what I've read it sounds like it could be an SD card issue but I've tried plenty...

jackboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I fixed my issue.

I rebuilt the SD from scratch as opposed to using the files I backed up from my SD before it became corrupted

sounds sooo simple now LOL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna love it when the next update blocks them