Hacking Help. I've bricked my wiimote . .

1ronlung

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's something i've never come across. . Was fiddleing with ios 38. Yes. I know i was a fool and deserve some kind of retribution for my stupidity but i'm hoping i can dodge a bullet. When i turn on the wii now i get the press a to continue screen but when i press a button on the wiimote four lights flash blue but it doesn.t connect to the wii. If i leave the wii for a couple of mins it automatically goes to the normal system menu. I've tried repairing the two remotes i've got to the wii. No luck. Have plugged in third party gc controller. No dice. Have nand backup but bootmii loaded as an ios so no good. System menu 4.1e. I do have a modchip installed. No preloader etc. I'm out of ideas. Help

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
1ronlung said:
Here's something i've never come across. . Was fiddleing with ios 38. Yes. I know i was a fool and deserve some kind of retribution for my stupidity but i'm hoping i can dodge a bullet. When i turn on the wii now i get the press a to continue screen but when i press a button on the wiimote four lights flash blue but it doesn.t connect to the wii. If i leave the wii for a couple of mins it automatically goes to the normal system menu. I've tried repairing the two remotes i've got to the wii. No luck. Have plugged in third party gc controller. No dice. Have nand backup but bootmii loaded as an ios so no good. System menu 4.1e. I do have a modchip installed. No preloader etc. I'm out of ideas. Help
Wait, did he brick two remotes, or just one?

So, if you tried the GC remotes and they still didn't work, this probably partially bricked some part of the Wii.

Someone else could probably help, but that is the only thing I can provide.

Hozu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This may sound obvious but you didn't say you did this so I'm going to ask anyways: Did you sync your Wiimotes again? I forget how but it's in the instruction manual somewhere.

Bumper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Here's something i've never come across. . Was fiddleing with ios 38. Yes. I know i was a fool and deserve some kind of retribution for my stupidity but i'm hoping i can dodge a bullet.

Why were you fiddling and what were you trying to do.

1ronlung

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hozu said:
This may sound obvious but you didn't say you did this so I'm going to ask anyways: Did you sync your Wiimotes again? I forget how but it's in the instruction manual somewhere.
Perfectly reasonable question. Yes i did try to re synch

1ronlung

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bumper said:
QUOTE said:
Here's something i've never come across. . Was fiddleing with ios 38. Yes. I know i was a fool and deserve some kind of retribution for my stupidity but i'm hoping i can dodge a bullet.

Why were you fiddling and what were you trying to do.
Was trying to get an usb loader back working. I think i may have installed two different versions of 38. Dunno if that.s a potential issue ?

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ios38 is not used by the sysmenu.
Unless you messed with ios60 too, the issue lies somewhere else most likely.
My guess would be hardware. What did you do to "repair" the wiimotes?

Crosstest against known good to see wether its wii or motes.
(your motes to good wii + good motes to your wii)

1ronlung

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PsyBlade said:
Unless you messed with ios60 too, the issue lies somewhere else most likely.
My guess would be hardware. What did you do to "repair" the wiimotes?

Sorry that was a bad turn of phrase on my behalf. When i said repair i meant resynch. Am convinced hardware is fine and the cock up lies with ios . I can't do anything with ios without wiimote functionality

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1ronlung said:
PsyBlade said:
I can't do anything with ios without wiimote functionality
If you do now want to crosstest it that's your choice.
Imho its the first thing that one should do with every single problem involving multiple possible sources.
But you excuse is just stupid.

Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
1ronlung said:
Spongeroberto said:
did you try clearing the bluetooth table on your machine before trying the resync?
No. Do you know how to offhand ?

* turn off your Wii and disconnect the power cable for about 10 seconds
* plug power back in
* turn on wii (may want to remove any usb devices and sd cards). don't touch the wiimote
* at the health screen, open the flap on your wii (where the sd card goes) and press and hold the red button for 15 seconds. that will clear the bluetooth settings on your wii
* open the battery flap of your wiimote and press the red button. the blue lights will start to blink
* press the red button on the wii again
* wiimote should now be synced

This has always helped me when I ran into what you described:

when i press a button on the wiimote four lights flash blue but it doesn.t connect to the wii

Though the gamecube controller issue may mean there is more going on here than just a sync issue. Still, worth a shot.

1ronlung

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PsyBlade said:
1ronlung said:
PsyBlade said:
I can't do anything with ios without wiimote functionality
If you do now want to crosstest it that's your choice.
Imho its the first thing that one should do with every single problem involving multiple possible sources.
But you excuse is just stupid.
I wasn't aware that i'd made an excuse ? I'm not going to cross test my remotes as i find it hard to accept that two remotes would fail at exactly the same time. It seems far too much of a coincidence that i was messing with fairly low level software in the wii at the time the problem occured . . .

1ronlung

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spongeroberto said:
1ronlung said:
Spongeroberto said:
did you try clearing the bluetooth table on your machine before trying the resync?
No. Do you know how to offhand ?

* turn off your Wii and disconnect the power cable for about 10 seconds
* plug power back in
* turn on wii (may want to remove any usb devices and sd cards). don't touch the wiimote
* at the health screen, open the flap on your wii (where the sd card goes) and press and hold the red button for 15 seconds. that will clear the bluetooth settings on your wii
* open the battery flap of your wiimote and press the red button. the blue lights will start to blink
* press the red button on the wii again
* wiimote should now be synced

This has always helped me when I ran into what you described:

when i press a button on the wiimote four lights flash blue but it doesn.t connect to the wii

Though the gamecube controller issue may mean there is more going on here than just a sync issue. Still, worth a shot.
You're an absolute diamond. Problem sorted ! In my years owning the wii never had to do that procedure
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/nUrYC-wHwzQ?si=CIF5SWwWIx4sXmqH