Help! I've accidently moved legal software onto my homebrew SD

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Mercenaryx, May 3, 2013.

1. Mercenaryx
    OP

Mercenaryx Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2012
    United States
    I was moving some stuff around and was trying to make room (forgetting to take out the homebrew channel sd card and replace it with my legal game wii sd card stuff) and accidently moved my copy of mega man 9 onto it by mistake. I tried to go in through the "channel memory" and the sd card icon on the screen but both times i get a black screen saying the sd card is corrupt (because of whats on it.) I'm not really worried about losing the game since i can just redownload it from the shop channel but how can i free up the space that the game is taking up on the sd card if i cant find it?

2. Maxternal

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Nov 15, 2011
    Deep in GBAtemp addiction
    I have my HBC stuff on the same card that I have all kinds of channels on (both legit and not) and never had any problems. It is possible that something copied wrong and it really IS corrupt.

FIRST I'd say to run a chkdsk on your SD card to make sure everything's okay.
    If it still doesn't work, go ahead and manually move the "private" folder (which is where channels end up) from that SD card onto an empty one and see if it'll run it from there.
    If not, you might just have to re-download the channel (don't worry, it should be free.)

3. DeadlyFoez

DeadlyFoez GBAtemp Guru

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    Just for shits and giggles, check to make sure you don't have either of the bannerbomb exploits currently on your SD card. If you do have the there then delete them and try the channel manager again.

4. Mercenaryx
    OP

Mercenaryx Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2012
    United States
    Not even sure if i have the exploit there
    how would i know if it was on the sd card?

also is it safe to delete the news/weather channel before doing the transfer software to move all my legal stuff over to the wiiu? Im trying to free up extra space in preparation that i wont ever use the wii shop channel again on the original wii.