Apple Help itunes not showing content of ipod

kjb1686

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started up itunes and it says "itunes can't read the contents of my ipod and is telling me i need to restore". is there a fix or something because i dont have everything backed up and i dont wish to lose all my data from it. Also if it matters it is jailbroken and a 3g on 4.0 firmware.

Chaz.

Trophies
XP
Country
Try reinstalling itunes, if not you may have to restore. Before you restore though, use ifunbox to move all content to your hard rive and then use it again after the restore.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure you have your SHSH blobs backed up via Firmware Umbrella or another method so you can restore to 4.0 before you restore. To restore to 4.0 find a place to download the IPSW, load firmware umbrella and start up its server (this will intercept iTunes asking for the SHSH signing from Apple and point it towards the files you backed up). Plug in your iPod, shift+click restore on iTunes and choose your 4.0 IPSW then restore.

kjb1686

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thanks for all your help but I got the problem solved. Turns out I used mewseek to sync music to it without iTunes and it copied a corrupt music file or something, and I used a alternative, and deleted it and iTunes recognizes it now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb