[HELP] its safe to update emunand to 10.2?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by xmosh, Nov 3, 2015.

1. xmosh
    OP

xmosh Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2015
    Mexico
    Im just buy a Nintendo 3DS, it comes with 6.2 firmware, i just install the Rxtools and the emunand... and im wondering if its safe to update the emunand to 10.2?

2. kennyhi123

kennyhi123 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2015
    United States
    yes

3. xmosh
    OP

xmosh Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2015
    Mexico
    Thanks, im new with cfw... i already update my emumand and indeed it works... i have another question... do you know if i can update my cia installed games directly from the eshop? or i need to find the update in cia format?

4. funnystory

funnystory Banned

Banned
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    Yes you can

5. YourHero

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    Only if region matches. If you are on an EU console and try to update a JP game it will either error out or take you to a page saying it doesn't exist in the eshop.

6. ric.

ric. Drivin' to meme country

Sep 17, 2015
    Peru
    If I recall both methods work. If you don't mind connecting to Nintendo's servers you can do it from the eShop, but you can also probably find the updates on the ISO site that shall not be mentioned, they're available as CIA if you ever need them.

7. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    Make a backup of your entire sd card containing the emu nand and then update it. if its not working then restore your sd card. Eveyone should be backing up their sd cards anyways

8. xmosh
    OP

xmosh Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2015
    Mexico
    Thanks to all :gba: ... it was safe and i indeed i can update titles and all that, thanks for your help.