Hacking [HELP] Is it safe to update to 11.8? A reddit user with high likes said yes and zoogie said no

ROMANREIGNS599

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have CFW. So is it? I’m confirming because it is a risky step. Because I want to play online and not get banned

Thanks!!!:D

D

Deleted User

Its safe,the luma payload was updated.Im mainly staying on 11.7 for several reasons. I dont use online much anymore,all the major 3ds games where released (i might update if persona q 2 needs 11.8) and there are older payloads i like to run that never got updated after the 11.8 update.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its safe,the luma payload was updated.Im mainly staying on 11.7 for several reasons. I dont use online much anymore,all the major 3ds games where released (i might update if persona q 2 needs 11.8) and there are older payloads i like to run that never got updated after the 11.8 update.
What payloads whould those be plez

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The "no" is always about waiting to see what changed before updating to avoid issues. Since FreeShop and the like are dead, no point to not update, nothing will change except for being able to go online.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger
D

Deleted User

What payloads whould those be plez
Mainly bootctr9 and ctrbootmanager,which i have chained to boot into each other so i can have bootanimations and swap between multiple cfws.Then i have cakes and the last bin version of corbinik that for some reason still works since bootctr9 allows both bins and firms to run through it.

Last edited by ,

ROMANREIGNS599

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "no" is always about waiting to see what changed before updating to avoid issues. Since FreeShop and the like are dead, no point to not update, nothing will change except for being able to go online.
And everyone who knows anything about luma says yes, after you update luma to 9.1 or higher
Thanks and the rest too. The main reason I want to update is to go online, so in that point of view, is it safe?

D

Deleted User

no more ban? why don't you guys say something directly
Having the newest luma doesnt directly get you banned.The ban trigger is still unknown,but im starting to see less bans on the 3ds since freeshop is dead and nintendo are starting to care more about the switch.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

LOL love these fearmongerong threads
Im pretty sure mostly everyones been banned atleast once,all it takes is a public seed to get back online.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Having the newest luma doesnt directly get you banned.The ban trigger is still unknown,but im starting to see less bans on the 3ds since freeshop is dead and nintendo are starting to care more about the switch.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Im pretty sure mostly everyones been banned atleast once,all it takes is a public seed to get back online.
Reason for decreased bans is actually because major releases have been almost non-existent lately, so things like pirating the latest Pokemon games and other leaked stuff which were the reason most people got banned haven't happened in a while, thus less things to flag people for and ban. As for everyone being banned at least once, it literally comes down to two things, whether you pirate LEAKED games and on how lucky or unlucky you are. Basically, pirating leaked games is a near guarantee for ban if it's a big release, while having bad luck can get you flagged randomly in the crossfire. Took me 4 years to get banned after playing the leaked UM, even though I'd constantly pirate stuff before then, for example and same goes for most systems I know about irl, many of which are unbanned to this day even though they've had CFW/Gateway since it became a thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: