[HELP] Is it safe to update to 11.8? A reddit user with high likes said yes and zoogie said no

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ROMANREIGNS599, Oct 15, 2018.

1. ROMANREIGNS599
    OP

ROMANREIGNS599 GBAtemp Fan

May 6, 2017
    United States
    I have CFW. So is it? I’m confirming because it is a risky step. Because I want to play online and not get banned

Thanks!!!:D

2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    And everyone who knows anything about luma says yes, after you update luma to 9.1 or higher

3. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    https://3ds.hacks.guide/

4. zoogie

zoogie playing around in the dsiware

Nov 30, 2014
    Micronesia, Federated States of
    If I said no it must have been right after the firm dropped.

TurdPooCharger likes this.
  5. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Its safe,the luma payload was updated.Im mainly staying on 11.7 for several reasons. I dont use online much anymore,all the major 3ds games where released (i might update if persona q 2 needs 11.8) and there are older payloads i like to run that never got updated after the 11.8 update.

6. Shadow#1

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    What payloads whould those be plez

7. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    The "no" is always about waiting to see what changed before updating to avoid issues. Since FreeShop and the like are dead, no point to not update, nothing will change except for being able to go online.

8. Ominous66521

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Mainly bootctr9 and ctrbootmanager,which i have chained to boot into each other so i can have bootanimations and swap between multiple cfws.Then i have cakes and the last bin version of corbinik that for some reason still works since bootctr9 allows both bins and firms to run through it.

Last edited by Ominous66521, Oct 15, 2018
  9. ROMANREIGNS599
    OP

May 6, 2017
    United States
    Thanks and the rest too. The main reason I want to update is to go online, so in that point of view, is it safe?

10. Ominous66521

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Yes then update if you want to go online.Just make sure you have the latest luma payload before doing so.

11. ROMANREIGNS599
    OP

May 6, 2017
    United States
    Latest luma would not ban me??

12. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    no more as what you have alrdy done to your system

13. ROMANREIGNS599
    OP

May 6, 2017
    United States
    no more ban? why don't you guys say something directly

14. Shadow#1

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    LOL love these fearmongerong threads

Ryccardo and ThoD like this.
  15. Craftyawesome

Craftyawesome GBAtemp Regular

Feb 3, 2018
    United States
    We believe there is no increase in ban chance in luma 9.1/11.8 over luma 9.0/11.7.

ROMANREIGNS599 likes this.
  16. Ominous66521

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Having the newest luma doesnt directly get you banned.The ban trigger is still unknown,but im starting to see less bans on the 3ds since freeshop is dead and nintendo are starting to care more about the switch.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Im pretty sure mostly everyones been banned atleast once,all it takes is a public seed to get back online.

17. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Reason for decreased bans is actually because major releases have been almost non-existent lately, so things like pirating the latest Pokemon games and other leaked stuff which were the reason most people got banned haven't happened in a while, thus less things to flag people for and ban. As for everyone being banned at least once, it literally comes down to two things, whether you pirate LEAKED games and on how lucky or unlucky you are. Basically, pirating leaked games is a near guarantee for ban if it's a big release, while having bad luck can get you flagged randomly in the crossfire. Took me 4 years to get banned after playing the leaked UM, even though I'd constantly pirate stuff before then, for example and same goes for most systems I know about irl, many of which are unbanned to this day even though they've had CFW/Gateway since it became a thing.