[HELP] Is Fire Emblem Warriors 3DS vr really not THAT fun?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by ROMANREIGNS599, Aug 5, 2018.

1. ROMANREIGNS599
    OP

ROMANREIGNS599 GBAtemp Fan

May 6, 2017
    United States
    Hello, I have been a huge fan of Fire Emblem game series. And I really like Fire Emblem Warriors Switch trailer. I don’t own a Switch so I thought of playing the 3DS vr. But in many websites like NintendoLife, IGN too I think do not have good rating for 3DS vr, with things like being inferior to the Switch vr, not having good character designs, boring, not having co-op. And does it have similar gameplay as Hyrule Warriors 3DS vr, which I found boring? So is this game not VERY fun?

Last edited by ROMANREIGNS599, Aug 5, 2018
  2. ROMANREIGNS599
    This message by ROMANREIGNS599 has been removed from public view by Chary, Aug 6, 2018, Reason: Offtopic.
    Aug 5, 2018
  3. Escorpion

Escorpion GBAtemp Regular

Aug 25, 2015
    Colombia
    Quindío
    Well... The game is fun, but as i have played Hyrule Warriors on both (my 3ds and Wii U), let me tell you that i have just forgive about that ugly 3ds version, which is reeealy not similar as it looks on the Wii U. The same goes for FE Warriors on 3ds and Switch comparison. BTW, u are saying that you are Huge Fan... Soooooo i am a huge fan too and we wanna play Good games, i will not recommend you to spend money on this one for you´re 3ds.

Last edited by Escorpion, Aug 5, 2018
  4. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ Marina is best waifu

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    Why not just play the game yourself?

5. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I dunno. I really like both Zelda and Fire Emblem, but for whatever reason I disliked Hyrule Warriors and enjoy Fire Emblem Warriors.

Some thoughts:
    - The plot is shit.
    - The original FEWarriors characters are shit.
    - The support conversations between playable characters in Fire Emblem Warriors are pretty neat. Hinoka and Frederick's conversation is funny af.
    - Marth is a fucking PLEASURE to play as.
    - The Fire Emblem horses would win in a fight against Skyrim horses.
    - Tiki is a meme.
    - Takumi is the weapon to surpass Metal Gear.
    - Updates are a MUST. I've been playing on base game from my cartridge because I don't want to go online. The patch notes for Fire Emblem Warriors are _so good_. The DLC is also really good because the base character library is difficult to maneuver with in history mode.

I will say, I love planning before battle and assigning people. So perhaps the Fire Emblem formula just fits Warriors better than Zelda.

6. ROMANREIGNS599
    OP

ROMANREIGNS599 GBAtemp Fan

May 6, 2017
    United States
    Thanks everyone, I will try playing Fire Emblem Warriors

7. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Fan

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    No idea what vr is, but Hyrule Warriors Switch is not that great a handheld experience IMO, featuring very tiny text and an unreadable map. Good with a reasonable sized TV, but if you want handheld play I'd go 3DS, very nice having a detailed map tracking troop movements on the bottom screen. While its uglier, only gameplay change I noticed was less grunt fodder, but its not like they do that much anyway regardless of numbers.

MasterJ360 likes this.
  8. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Yup unless you are playing on the Vita hack/slash games in general are not fun on a 3ds they are just not optimized for a limited handheld. Vita is tolerable b/c the frame rate is 30fps and the enemies don't look like LEGOS
    But overall they are better played on a actual home console or Nintendo Switch to reduce hand cramps as well.