Homebrew [HELP] Installing Reinand on New 3DS XL (9.2.0-20U)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Anyone got a link that teaches how to install Reinand on a New 3DS XL unit currently downgraded to 9.2.0-20U?

I would prefer one that specifically mentions and use of BrowserHax as the method. Anybody got a tut for this?
You could try the Reinand release thread. But at least consider A9LH with AuReinand, 100 times better and probably simpler (don't have to look in multiple locations for required files or have to read fractured tutorials which contradict each other due to different versions and different levels of being up to date).
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What part of that is simple exactly? I looked through that guide; there's at least eighty steps involved! People need to stop telling novice users, "It's just that simple," because it never is.

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
OP
Trophies
Website
wroiters.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Philippines
Yeah. I must say that it's only the concept of AuReiNand that is simple. The necessary steps in its installation is, apart from being complex, is time-consuming and very tedious. Although I must admit that of all 3DS CFWs, AuReiNand was the first of its kind -- basically a full CFW.

Although I would love to have AuReiNand in my unit, I would only prefer to play backup copies of games in it. So a simpler CFW like rxTools or Reinand would suffice. I cannot also risk this unit from ever bricking since this is a New 3DS XL unit I recently just had.

Last edited by Dothackjhe,

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Yeah. I must say that it's only the concept of AuReiNand that is simple. The necessary steps in its installation is, apart from being complex, is time-consuming and very tedious. Although I must admit that of all 3DS CFWs, AuReiNand was the first of its kind -- basically a full CFW.

Although I would love to have AuReiNand in my unit, I would only prefer to play backup copies of games in it. So a simpler CFW like rxTools or Reinand would suffice. I cannot also risk this unit from ever bricking since this is a New 3DS XL unit I recently just had.
AuReiNand is actually simpler and cleaner than Rei or rxTools. What you're referring to as complex, time consuming and tedious is the A9LH installation. You can just install AuRei without A9LH.

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
OP
Trophies
Website
wroiters.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Philippines
AuReiNand is actually simpler and cleaner than Rei or rxTools. What you're referring to as complex, time consuming and tedious is the A9LH installation. You can just install AuRei without A9LH.
Interesting. I guess what I was indeed mentioning was about the A9LH part. Have you a link to a tutorial which teaches how to install AuReiNand directly without the need for A9LH?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
What part of that is simple exactly? I looked through that guide; there's at least eighty steps involved! People need to stop telling novice users, "It's just that simple," because it never is.
It is simple because every step goes into tedious detail - click this option, press select, turn on your console holding L etc. Its a rare guide that assumes no experience or knowledge on behalf of the user. Other guides can gloss over things - eg "make a backup with Emunand9". How is a novice going to know what emunand9 is, where to get it, how to use it, how to make a backup and what to do with the backup when they have it? And etc for any other sort of step involved.

Warning, analogy, tl:dnr;
Isn't a recipe better that says "beat two egg whites in a clean metal bowl until so firm it can hang off a spoon without falling, approximately three minutes on low speed, then gradually add 1 cup of icing sugar while still beating, over approx 20 seconds. Then place a few tablespoons in a piping bag and outline your biscuits. In another bowl, add one tablespoon of icing mixture and half a teaspoon of water, mix. Pour into outline and let it spread out. Leave for two hours to harden", than, "ice your biscuits with royal icing." The first is a lot longer but doesn't assume any knowledge, and a beginner could follow it. In the second, the beginner would have to go look up what the heck royal icing is.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol