Homebrew Help installing Hiya CFW - Stuck on step 1...

dryden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys, can someone help me out please. I have a DSi on ver 1.4.5E and am trying to intall CFW but I cant even do the 1st steps for the dump. I started by formating a 4gb sd card to fat 32 and then extracted fwTool_1.6.zip and ugopwn.zip to the root, after that i renamed fwTool.nds to boot.nsd, the problem is I go to settings-data management and all I get is "there's no acessible software data".

cans someone help me out?

am I missing something?

Catsinabucket

Permanently Uncertain
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Possibly a stupid question, but have you actually given "boot.nsd" the extention ".nsd"? Or is that just a typo made in the post?

Also, as far as I'm aware ugopwn is for US consoles only at the moment, unless I've missed out on something in the past two weeks :P So if you have a EU console, it might not work

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys, can someone help me out please. I have a DSi on ver 1.4.5E and am trying to intall CFW but I cant even do the 1st steps for the dump. I started by formating a 4gb sd card to fat 32 and then extracted fwTool_1.6.zip and ugopwn.zip to the root, after that i renamed fwTool.nds to boot.nsd, the problem is I go to settings-data management and all I get is "there's no acessible software data".

cans someone help me out?

am I missing something?
please change the title of the thread, you're not installing a cfw, you're only installing the ugopwn exploit and downgrading your console as the hiya cfw is not released yet, I just thought for a moment hiya was already out.

BTW, it is still not compatible with European consoles.

Last edited by lordkaos,

Deleted member 424658

Annoying Weaboo Girl
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
please change the title of the thread, you're not installing a cfw, you're only installing the ugopwn exploit and downgrading your console as the hiya cfw is not released yet, I just thought for a moment hiya was already out.

BTW, is it still not compatible with European consoles.
Wouldn't be a problem if *someone* wouldn't have jumped the gun and made a guide that wasn't needed yet.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: