Help installing Bootmii!

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by hrdkrtazz, Oct 20, 2009.

Oct 20, 2009

Help installing Bootmii! by hrdkrtazz at 5:32 AM (2,543 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. hrdkrtazz
    OP

Newcomer hrdkrtazz Member

United States
    Hey everyone..Yes i know i've been posting the past few days different threads..But heres my problem.My computer doesnt have an SD card reader..So for all my Wii needs..I use a usb Flash drive..i was Woundering..HOW! can i install Bootmii onto the SD card from the USB..Possiable?..Or can i install it onto the USB Flash drive..Also was reading about preloader..Do i need both Bootmii and Preloader?or will i be fine with Bootmii??

2. hrdkrtazz
    OP

Newcomer hrdkrtazz Member

United States
    Anyone?Im confused..Can i install this on my usb drive with my Stuff still on it..or do i need a blank sd card? and am i able to put it on my usb drive and install it on the SD card?

3. roku93

Member roku93 GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    You need an SD card in wii, and a way to boot the installer dol.

4. ajr12388

Newcomer ajr12388 Member

United States
    I believe if you set HBC to run from your USB device, then it will load all files from there. I don't know, however, if you can have it load Bootmii onto an SD card.

5. DarkMatterCore

Member DarkMatterCore I like turtles.

Venezuela
    If you have already installed the HBC v1.0.6, you can boot every application from an USB thumb drive. The only problem is that the executed app doesn't have compatibility with USB, you won't be able to write/read files from there.