[Help] Injected FBI won't install CIA files

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by mzkoops24, Dec 25, 2016.

1. mzkoops24
    OP

mzkoops24 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2016
    United States
    I got a N3DS recently and tried hacking with DSiWare, I got to the point on 3ds.guide where it tells you to inject and install FBI. I injected FBI and I tried to install the CIAs, but all I get is one type of error:

Result Code: 0xC8804478
    Summary Not found
    Desc: Doesn't exist / Failed to open.

I tried injecting BigBlueMenu but this spits out the error "Not a legit CIA", I am on A9LH using Luma. If anyone can help that would be appreciated

2. Sketchy1

Sketchy1 gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    THE problem is your db files, i had this too at one point. The <id0> and <id1> correspond to the folders who names are just strings of hex. The directory you end up putting your "dbs" folder should also have an "extdata" folder. You may have two sets of these <id0> <id1> folders if your nands are unlinked, assuming you had an emunand, which you prolly didnt. To make the empty .db files, just create a blank text document and rename it and change the extension. Once all these files are in the right place just go to System Settings -> Data Management -> Nintendo 3DS -> Software and let it repair the files. CIA installation should work after this.

Last edited by Sketchy1, Dec 26, 2016
  3. mzkoops24
    OP

mzkoops24 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2016
    United States
    Thanks! That fixed it.

Sketchy1 likes this.