Homebrew Help including NightFox’s Lib into hello world example

pistone

OP
Trophies
in your heart...coz secretly you love me !!!!
XP
Country
Albania
i would like to put (include) nflib into a simple hello world example but i cant :wacko:
I dont know where to put nflib directory i cant find any info also i must say i am on linux so i cant find a IDE making the dirty work for my , now im with gedit. :tpi:
Does anyone have any idea?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is a good place to start, although I haven't updated it in a while and it needs some editing. The tutorial is Windows-oriented, but including NFLib does not require you to jump through hoops, as far as I know, you just need to toss it into the devkitPro installation folder and you're good to go. As for the Makefile, look through the template provided with the library.

madeinair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A good tip for making a compatible make file is using the example makefiles, just run the current makefile and the example makefile through a text difference checker (e.g. http://www.diffchecker.com/), find the differences and merge the changes of the example makefile into your current makefile, it should work then.
P.S. remember to backup your original makefile incase this trick doesn't work.
Hope that helped !

pistone

OP
Trophies
in your heart...coz secretly you love me !!!!
XP
Country
Albania
Hello all :lol:
And thank you for your reply :wub:

Foxi4 i have read you awesome post , thats why i made a new thread as it was windows oriented
also i put the nflib folder on the root of devkitPro folder and then tried to "make" a example (text16)
but this errors shows up :
arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lfilesystem
bad code ...very bad code...:whip:
madeinair what if a take the nflib makefile and put it on a libnds example shouldn't that work ?

Attachments

• error.txt
    827 bytes · Views: 254

madeinair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The makefile of libnds might have it's own resources included, if you were to overwrite it with nflib you would lose libnds makefile references throwing out errors.
That's why you need to combine them, combine references from both makefiles to get it to compile.
Hope that helped

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Just went out to McDonalds.