help in unbricking wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Lion640, Aug 14, 2009.

Aug 14, 2009

help in unbricking wii by Lion640 at 10:33 PM (814 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Lion640
    OP

Newcomer Lion640 Member

United States
    im on system menu 4.0. i have preloader but i don't know what files to get or use. when i tryed going into wadmanager it said rev=1 so i know that means that its something with my card so i backed it up and am formatting it right now. i was semi bricked and watched a youtube video saying to put in a game with higher firmware then your semi bricked wii and update. so i put in the conduit and updated my wii and then it bricked i did delete all the wads i had on my wii/sd card
    if anyone can help this would be really appreatiated

2. Lion640
    OP

Newcomer Lion640 Member

United States
    heres some more info.
    i was semi bricked i had the matrix system menu theme i followed this youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJh1h8Q_BSM and then i installed some wads and it sem bricked. i could not acess my wii system settings so i put in COD:WaW to update my wii since i heard that if you upgrade your firmware it could fix it then i did but no go. i forgot to delete a wad so then i deleted all the wads and double checked and they were gone then i put the conduit in so i guess it updated me to 4.0 but then thats what bricked my wii. i have preloaded and i used title deleter to get rid of the wad titles but it did not help. i had the matrix theme so maybe the theme was not compatible with 4.0 and that made it brick but im not to sure. if anyone can help id really appreatiate it

3. antonkan

Member antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Do you have BootMii installed?

4. Lion640
    OP

Newcomer Lion640 Member

United States
    no but it dose not matter i fixed it with some tutorials but i did have to do a system format. im pretty sure it was because of my custom skin that semi bricked my wii since i just reinstalled the wads and i checked and i can fully function through the wii menu and settings but now i have a diffrent question which is un related to this so i will have to make a new thread i guess but thanks for trying to help