Hacking Help: ImgBurn stops writing to disk

TwitchXXV

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a newbie to burning backups, but I know all the basics to it. I'm trying to burn my first backup using ImgBurn but so far everytime I try, the software stops writing to the disk about halfway through. No error message comes up, but my whole computer just sorta freezes and the disk drive won't open. After about an hour of waiting, i just force shut down my computer and remove the disk while its booting up. Is there a better software or something that just uses less resources?

toymin80r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe your computer is processing a lot of things at once, thus causing the freezing. Just give it some time, and it'll probably finish burning after a while.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
triassic911 said:
While burning anything to a disc, always close all programs with processes that are constantly running.
Good advice.

If the burn reached 15 minutes at 4x speed+, and it's not nearing completion, then it's probably another coaster. I use Nero by preference, but IMG Burn works great too. I also recommend high quality dvd-rs such as Verbatim (best), TDK, or Sony. Don't use those crappy Maxell or Memorex dvd-r that are on sale every day of the week.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1