Homebrew [Help] I want to upgrade to 10.3.X but...

Domukuro Wolfield

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, i have a problem with my O3DS, the question is the next:
I want to upgrade to 10.3 because I buy some games, dlc and other things but my microSD was stolen. so, the only way to recover my games is make a System upgrade.
But, i have a backup from the HBL starter pack that i used to install it (The only app that have is the Ironfall)
Should I wait to downgrade or upgrade and try reinstalling the HBL with the new starter kit?

Sorry for the bad english and Happy new year!

(And my sysnand are 10.1, sorry to forget this info)

Last edited by Domukuro Wolfield,
Reactions: NoNoNeko

NoNoNeko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i have a problem with my O3DS, the question is the next:
I want to upgrade to 10.3 because I buy some games, dlc and other things but my microSD was stolen. so, the only way to recover my games is make a System upgrade.
But, i have a backup from the HBL starter pack that i used to install it (The only app that have is the Ironfall)
Should I wait to downgrade or upgrade and try reinstalling the HBL with the new starter kit?

Sorry for the bad english and Happy new year!
Don't upgrade, just wait. It sucks, I know, but hang in there. Hopefully, here soon, we will have a way to downgrade and use an eshop spoofer so you can get them all back.

Domukuro Wolfield

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
from what I've read, if you are on an O3DS you should be fine updating to 10.3, if you have a N3DS you should stay on 10.1

Yup, i have a OLD 3DS so, i understand that snshax maybe can work in the old console, but i don't know that is true or not.

Can i update my 3ds without problems ? I read that memchunkhax2 is the other way whoere any system can load CIAS and other things

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You really shouldn't upgrade. If you are interested in homebrews, you should seriously wait until Memchunkhax 2 or Gateway releases their exploit and use either of them to make an emuNAND for the latest firmware.

Reactions: Domukuro Wolfield

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, i have a OLD 3DS so, i understand that snshax maybe can work in the old console, but i don't know that is true or not.

Can i update my 3ds without problems ? I read that memchunkhax2 is the other way whoere any system can load CIAS and other things
snshax is a N3DS-only kernel exploit.
However, it was deprecated shortly after it was announced, because there's an alternative kernel exploit called memchunkhax2, which works on all models and versions of 3DS to date.

At the moment, the most you can do with your 3DS is homebrew. You can probably even update and play on the latest firmware if you want. However, be wary of any future updates, and keep a lookout for the upcoming software people are currently developing to reproduce the exploit: That might come out within the next month (no guarantees, but very likely)

Last edited by CrispyYoshi,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
snshax is a N3DS-only kernel exploit.
However, it was deprecated shortly after it was announced, because there's an alternative kernel exploit called memchunkhax2, which works on all models and versions of 3DS to date.
not entirely, I keep hearing that SNShax is much easier to implement. but more people are interested in memchunkhax2 because it's not limited to New 3DS.

Reactions: CrispyYoshi

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
from what I've read, if you are on an O3DS you should be fine updating to 10.3, if you have a N3DS you should stay on 10.1
Should be fine, but it's always suggested to stay as low as possible until the actual exploit is released. Every exploit is just one small update away from being patched, if your current firmware is exploitable, just stay on that until you know it's safe.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should only really update if you need eShop access, or your browser is blocked and that's your only method of homebrew

D

Deleted-236924

not entirely, I keep hearing that SNShax is much easier to implement. but more people are interested in memchunkhax2 because it's not limited to New 3DS.
Didn't the only person who we know was working on SNShax stop development?

Seita

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have no hax entry point, then update before Nintendo pulls a new system update.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem are the games that i lost in the SD, but maybe i can wait for it

If the hax are late in these days, maybe update my 3DS :P

Thanks for the suggestions guys!
You are doomed anyway, if you didnt make a backup of your sd stuff you cant recover them. I'm not sure if you will still be able to redownload your purchased games if you insert a new sd card, that's the problem... Just update to 10.3, if you cant redownload your old version of ironfall, try launching browserhax and then the old eshop spoof to download the old ironfall (or install menuhax).

Last edited by DeslotlCL,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: