Hacking Help? I updated to GW9.6

RuneFang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to figure out what to do, I thought it wouldn't matter but now gateway will no longer boot up is there someone way I can reverse back to 9.5? I'm more than likely gonna need a step by step.

I heard someone say something about an emunand tool but I don't have this.

Can someone please help?

Thank you~

~RuneFang

otto888

I break things for a living.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Restore your EmuNAND backup with the emunand tool.
Don't have one? You're SoL Use 3DNUS to download 9.5 for your region, and install all of the CIAs it gives. Be sure to check N3DS mode if you have a N3DS.
And make a backup after you're done.

Reactions: GaaraPrime

RuneFang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Restore your EmuNAND backup with the emunand tool.
Don't have one? You're SoL Use 3DNUS to download 9.5 for your region, and install all of the CIAs it gives. Be sure to check N3DS mode if you have a N3DS.
And make a backup after you're done.

I'm not quite sure how this works can you run me through it?

Leslie White

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You should format the sd card where you have the gw9.6 emunand not working. Then you insert the formatted sd card in your 3DS, launch the gateway menu, format emunand, install devmenu/big blue menu, then install the CIA obtained with 3DNUS, which will install the 9.5 update (latest one working with the gw)

RuneFang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should format the sd card where you have the gw9.6 emunand not working. Then you insert the formatted sd card in your 3DS, launch the gateway menu, format emunand, install devmenu/big blue menu, then install the CIA obtained with 3DNUS, which will install the 9.5 update (latest one working with the gw)

So I format the SD card normally and then Format again on my Gateway menu?

Leslie White

Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, with your computer, you'll format the whole sd card (including the emunand) and then with the GW it will recreate an emunand

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I need to figure out what to do, I thought it wouldn't matter but now gateway will no longer boot up is there someone way I can reverse back to 9.5? I'm more than likely gonna need a step by step.

I heard someone say something about an emunand tool but I don't have this.

Can someone please help?

Thank you~

~RuneFang

You could always search in the wild and update back to 9.5x using your devmenu. There is a cia file for both N3DS and 3DS/XL's USA & Euro regions available :)

RuneFang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, with your computer, you'll format the whole sd card (including the emunand) and then with the GW it will recreate an emunand

How do I work 3DNUS I still haven't figured that part out. or should I say I don't know what the difference between Nvers and Internet yet.

infernogott

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I accidently updated to 9.6 on emunand. So now I managed to get 9.5 running with 3DNUS.

How can I get my bought games back? I did a backup before I restored the old firmware and did put back all of the files on my SD Card after I got 9.5 running. But nothing of my old stuff shows up on the homescreen.

I can't even go on the eshop and re-download all the stuff, because I would need to update to 9.6 to do that.

What should I do now?

Leslie White

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you have an 9.5 (or previous) emunand backup where you had your purchased stuff on it, you can inject it back in your sd card with emunand tool

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I accidently updated to 9.6 on emunand. So now I managed to get 9.5 running with 3DNUS.

How can I get my bought games back? I did a backup before I restored the old firmware and did put back all of the files on my SD Card after I got 9.5 running. But nothing of my old stuff shows up on the homescreen.

I can't even go on the eshop and re-download all the stuff, because I would need to update to 9.6 to do that.

What should I do now?
It is possible to dump the needed files from the 9.6 NAND using rxTools (easiest way) or Decrypt9, and inject them into your 9.5 emuNAND, effectively performing a manual system transfer. Then your SD card content would be recognised.
I'm not sure about exactly what files need to be copied, I haven't tried this process myself but I think some other people have successfully done it.

The easiest way if you have an o3DS is to restore your 9.6 backup on a separate SD card and load it using the emunand in rxTools (rxMode) which supports 9.6. Then you can just use that card for eShop and use the other card for GW.

infernogott

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks. I tried it with Emunand Tool, but somehow I'm back to 4.5 on Emunand now, so I guess something went wrong with my backup.

How can I launch rxTools on 4.5? I put all the necessary files in the root of my SD Card. I tried the browser exploit, doesn't work. Going to DS Profile doesn't work either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1